┌── William Henshaw
┌── Adam Stephen Henshaw ──┤
│ 1772-? │
│ └── Agnes Ann Anderson
James D. Henshaw ──────┤
B: 1813 │ ┌── Daniel McKenny
D: <1880 │ │
└── Margaret McKenny ──────┤
M: Martha Delaney
├── Mary Ann Henshaw (c1845-?) 1,2,3
├── George S. Henshaw (c1847-?) 1,2
├── Anderson Henshaw (1850-1883) 1,2,3,4
├── Henry Henshaw (c1852-?) 2
├── John Thomas Henshaw (1855-1900) 2,3,4
M: Martha J. Robertson
├── James Henshaw (c1861-?) 3
├── Sallie Henshaw (c1863-?) 3,5
└── Caroline Henshaw (c1867-?) 3,5
James D. Henshaw [ID 07094]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
James D. Henshaw1,6,7 [James D. Hanshaw3,8, Jim Henshaw4].
Born 1813, Virginia.1,2,3,9
James D. Henshaw was shown in the 1840 census, Union County, Kentucky.10 Living nearby was a William Henshaw (relationship unknown).11
He married Martha Delaney, Aug 11 1843.1,6,9 Martha, daughter of George + Sarah Delany, was born about 1827, Kentucky.1,12 Note that James' cousin John married Martha's sister Dorothy Ann Delaney.
James and family were shown in the 1850 census, District 1, Union County, Kentucky:1
James D. Henshaw, age 36, born in Virginia; farmer; $1000 real estate.
Martha Henshaw, age 23, born in Kentucky.
George Bishop, age 20, laborer.
1 black female age 49.
1 black male age 12.
1 black male age 10.
Living nearby in 1850 was the family of first cousin George Henshaw.14
Martha died Nov 9 1857, age 32.12 Medical: Martha died from "hereditary consumption".12
He then married Martha J. Robertson, Nov 17 1859, Shawneetown, Gallatin County, Illinois.7,8 Martha was born about 1835, Kentucky.2 (Virginia).3 (c1837).5
James and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 24 1860), Union County, Kentucky:2
J D [middle initial unclear] Henshaw, age 47, born in Virginia; married within the year; farmer; $5000 real estate; $7000 personal property.
Martha Henshaw, age 24, born in Kentucky; married within the year.
Jas Hooper, age 12, born in Kentucky.
John B. Hooper, age 9, born in Kentucky.
1 black female age 55.
1 black male age 22.
1 black male age 19.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of a Jas Delaney, age 38,16 possibly the brother of first wife Martha Delaney.17
James and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 23 1870), Union County, Kentucky:3
Hanshaw, J. D., age 57, born in Virginia; farmer; $5000 real estate; $1200 personal property.
Hanshaw, Martha, age 35, born in Virginia; keeping house.
, age 14, born in Kentucky; farm hand; attended school; cannot write.
Moman, A, age 27, born in Kentucky; farm hand; cannot read or write.
James D. Henshaw died before Jun 10 1880.5
Widow Martha and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 10 1880), Union County, Kentucky:5
Henshaw, Martha J., age 43, born in Kentucky; father born in Maryland; mother born in Kentucky; widow; house keeper.
, daughter, age 15, born in Kentucky; father born in Virginia; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
, daughter, age 10, born in Kentucky; father born in Virginia; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
- 1850 census, Union County, Kentucky; roll 220, page 445, dwelling #81.
- 1860 census, Morganfield P.O., Union County, Kentucky; roll M653-398, page 455, line #5, dwelling #1013, family #1013.
- 1870 census, Caseyville P.O., Caseyville Precinct, Union County, Kentucky; roll M593-501, page 278, line #37, dwelling #371, family #379.
- Contribution from Richard Young ().
- 1880 census, Caseyville District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-444, ED 34, page 596C, line #29, dwelling #19, family #19.
- Contribution from Bill Varden ().
- "Kentucky Residents Married in Shawneetown, Illinois": http://www.rootsweb.com/~kyhender/Henderson/ill.htm.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (volume I); book A pg 44:
- Contribution from John Thomas Henshaw.
- 1840 census index, Union County, Kentucky; pg 13.
- 1840 census index, Union County, Kentucky; pg 5.
- Contribution from Bill Varden () citing:
Kentucky Death Notices; Tri-State Genealogy Center, The Willard Library, Evansville, Indiana.
- 1850 Slave Schedule, Union County, Kentucky.
- 1850 census, Union County, Kentucky; roll 220, page 445, dwelling #77.
- 1860 Slave Schedule, Union County, Kentucky.
- 1860 census, Morganfield P.O., Union County, Kentucky; roll M653-398, page 455, line #14, dwelling #1014, family #1014.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]