┌── James Hinshaw
┌── James Hinshaw ─────┤
Caroline Hinshaw ─────┤
B: 1826 │
D: 1877 │
└── Nellie Robertson
M: William Fitsjerrel
Caroline Hinshaw [ID 00720]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Caroline Hinshaw1 [Caroline Henshaw2].
Born 18261 [about 18293, about 18354], McMurry County, Tennessee1 [Illinois4].
She married William Fitsjerrel5,6 [William Fitsgerrel7, William Fitzgerald4,8], Sep 15 18475,6, Williamson County, Illinois5,6. William was born about 18253, Iowa3 [Alabama4].
Carroll Fitzgerald, born c1850, Illinois.
Nancy Fitzgerald, born c1852, Illinois.
Sarah Fitzgerald, born c1869, Illinois.
Martin G. Fitzgerald, born c1872, Illinois.
Caroline and William were shown in the 1850 census (Sep 6 1850), Williamson County, Illinois:3
William Fitzgerald, age 25, born in Iowa; occupation: farmer; cannot read or write.
Caroline Fitzgerald, age 21, born in Tennessee; cannot read or write.
Living next door were Caroline's parents and siblings.10 Also living nearby was the family of sister Rebecca.11
Caroline and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 16 1860), Williamson County, Illinois:4
Wm Fitzgerald, age 35, born in Alabama; $300 real estate; $150 personal property; occupation: hunter; cannot read or write.
Caroline Fitzgerald, age 25, born in Illinois.
Carroll Fitzgerald, age 10, born in Illinois; "idiotic".
Nancy Fitzgerald, age 8, born in Illinois.
William served during the Civil War in Company G., 120th Illinois Infantry.8
William died after 1860.4 William Fitzgerald is buried in the Henshaw Cemetery, near Stonefort, Williamson County, Illinois.8
Caroline Hinshaw died 1877.1
Two of Caroline's children were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 14 1880) living in the household of Caroline's brother Carrel:9
Fitzgerald, Sarah, niece, age 11, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
Fitzgerald, Martin G., nephew, age 8, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Illinois Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
- 1850 census, Williamson County, Illinois; roll M432-133, page 230A, line #19, dwelling #255, family #262.
- 1860 census, Bolton P.O., Township 10 Range 4, Williamson County, Illinois; roll M653-239, page 509, line #1, dwelling #2401, family #2139.
- "Illinois Marriages to 1850": http://www.ancestry.com.
- Illinois USGenWeb archives; Williamson County Marriages 1830-1850:
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book A, page 106):
- Contribution from Linda Holmes White () citing: gravestone.
- 1880 census, Saline Township, Williamson County, Illinois; roll T9-0259, ED 166, page 516B, line #26, dwelling #88, family #91.
- 1850 census, Williamson County, Illinois; roll M432-133, page 230A, line #11, dwelling #254, family #261.
- 1850 census, Williamson County, Illinois; roll M432-133, page 229B, line #48, dwelling #251, family #258.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]