┌── Edward Henshaw
┌── Edward Henshaw ──────┤
│ 1865-1946 │
│ └── Mary Knight
Lewis Johnson Henshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Robert Johnson
D: 1978 │ │
└── Ellen Webb Johnson ──┤
└── Salome Chadburn
M: Dorothy Cummings
├── Edgar Cummings Henshaw (1929-1992) 1,2,3
├── Stanley Knight Henshaw 1
└── Lewis J. Henshaw, Jr. (1933-1960) 1,3
Lewis Johnson Henshaw [ID 07371]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Feb 27 1898, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.2,4,5,6,7,8 (Feb 27 1888).3
On Oct 1 1918 Lewis enlisted in the U.S. Army. He served in the Students' Army Training Corps, Cincinnati, Ohio until his discharge; Private; Honorable discharge 20 Dec 1918.8 His enlistment record shows his residence was 5763 Belmont Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio.8
He married Dorothy Cummings1,2 [Dorothy Cummins3], about 19281,2. Dorothy, daughter of Edgar Cummings & Florence G. Phares/Phairs, was born Nov 16 1904, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.2,3,4,9
Lewis and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), living with Dorothy's parents in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio:2
Cummings, Edgar, head-of-household, age 63, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 31; owned home ($20,000 value); radio in home; occupation: proprietor of company, lumber business; not a veteran.
Cummings, Florence G., wife, age 63, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 26.
Henshaw, Lewis J., son-in-law, age 32, born in Ohio; father born in Ohio; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 30; occupation: salesman, lumber; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Dorothy, daughter, age 25, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 23.
Schunck [unclear], Winnie, maid, age 25, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; occupation: maid, private home.
Lewis was vice president of the Pierson Lumber Company in Cumminsville, Ohio.10
Lewis Johnson Henshaw died Jul 14 1978, Scarlet Oaks Nursing Home, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; buried Jul 17 1978, section 72, lot 71, Spring Grove Cemetery, 4521 Spring Grove Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio.3,4,10
Dorothy died Jun 22 1996, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; age 91.3,4,9
Social Security information for Lewis Johnson Henshaw: 288-05-9484
Social Security information for Dorothy Cummings: 286-42-3222
- Contribution from Frank Apgar ().
- 1930 census, 26th Ward, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T626-1817, ED 572, page 1B, line #81, dwelling #20, family #22.
- Burials in Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati, Ohio:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, College Hill, Millcreek Township, Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T623-1282, ED 304, page 4A, line #6, dwelling #55, family #56.
- 1910 census, College Hill, Millcreek Township, Hamilton County, Ohio; ED 330, page 11B, line #66, dwelling #215, family #258.
- 1920 census, Cincinnati, Cincinnati Twp., Hamilton County, Ohio; roll T625-1395, ED 453, page #5A, line #9, dwelling #104, family #117.
- Ohio Military Men, 1917-18; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Ohio Deaths, 1993-98"; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Melissa Kay Hinshaw Owens citing:
The Cincinnati Post and Times Star, May 7, 1959; page 4:2.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]