┌── John Hinshaw
┌── Benjamin Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1809-1891 │
│ └── Lydia Macy
John Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1834 │ ┌── Joshua Caster
D: 1909 │ │
└── Nancy Ellen Carter ──┤
└── Elizabeth (Caster)
M: Hattie Todd
John Hinshaw [ID 00752]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
John Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [John Henshaw6].
Born Dec 23 1834, Indiana.1,2,3,4,7,8,9
He married Hattie Todd6,8 [Harriet Todd5], May 30 18716,8, Polk County, Iowa6,8. Hattie, daughter of Andrew + Mary A. Todd3,4,10,11,12, was born Dec 27 18373,4,10,11,12 [about 184013], Indiana3,4,10,11,12.
John and Hattie were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23 1880), Greene Street, Winterset, Center Township, Madison County, Iowa:3
Henshaw, John, age 45, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky; druggist.
Henshaw, Hattie, wife, age 42, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; keeping house.
John and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 16 1900), Court Ave., Winterset, Center Township, Madison County, Iowa:4
Hinshaw, John, head-of-household, age 65, born Dec 1834 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married 29 years; occupation: [..unclear..]ist; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Harriet, wife, age 62, born Dec 1837 in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; married 29 years; no children.
Todd, Mary A., mother-in-law, age 86, born Jan 1814 in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; widow; 9 children, 9 living.
Todd, Josephine, adopted daughter, age 25, born July 1874 in Nebraska; father born in Indiana; mother born in New York; single; occupation: school teacher.
John Hinshaw died Aug 19 1909, buried Winterset Cemetery, Winterset, Madison County, Iowa.7,8,9
Hattie was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 3 1920), living or staying with her brother Robert in Corona, Riverside County, California:12
Todd, Robert G., head-of-household, age 67, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; owned home; occupation: [..unclear..] surgeon, dental office.
Todd, Emma M., wife, age 64, born in New York; parents born in England.
Hinshaw, Harriet, sister, age 82, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Virginia; widow.
Hattie died Feb 14 1927, Los Angeles County, California; age 89.10,14
Photo: John Hinshaw gravestone Winterset Cemetery
- 1850 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; roll 162, page 123; dwelling #406.
- 1860 census, Indianola P.O., Washington Township, Warren County, Iowa; page 702, line #14, dwelling #285, family #262.
- 1880 census, Winterset, Center Township, Madison County, Iowa; roll T9-353, ED 114, page 127A, line #23, dwelling #175, family #206.
- 1900 census, Winterset, Center Township, Madison County, Iowa; roll T623-445, ED 21, page 20B, line #87, dwelling #481, family #497.
- USGenWeb Archives; CA mystery file "sunnysloped-l.txt" [zero additional identification].
- Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Iowa Cemetery Records; http://www.ancestry.com.
- WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
- USGenWeb Archives; CA mystery file "sunnysloped-l.txt" [zero additional identification]:
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Washington County, Indiana; roll M432-179, page 323, line #22, dwelling #50, family #52.
- 1920 census, Corona, Riverside County, California; roll T625-125, ED 137, page 3B, line #96, dwelling #88, family #89.
- 1870 census, Rising Sun P.O., Four Mile Township, Polk County, Iowa; roll M593-415, page 316, line #35, dwelling #9, family #9.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1905-1929:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 12:33:26 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]