┌── Jacob Hinshaw
┌── Elias Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1827-1893 │
│ └── Mary Davis
Isaiah Manley Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1854 │ ┌── Thomas Macon
D: 1925 │ │
└── Martitia Macon ──┤
└── Rosannah Moffitt
Isaiah Manley Hinshaw [ID 00799]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Isaiah Manley Hinshaw [Isaiah Manly Hinshaw].
Born Mar 11 1854, Holly Spring MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6
Isaiah was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), living and working in the household of a John A. & Mary Dunlap in Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas:7
Hinshaw, Issah [unclear], servant, age 46, born Mar 1854 in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: farm laborer.
In 1905 Isaiah was living in Rose Hill, Kansas.3
Isaiah was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 10 1920), Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas:8
Hinshaw, Isiah M., head-of-household, age 65, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; rented home; occupation: farm laborer, working out.
Living next door in 1920 was the family of brother George.9
It appears that Isaiah never married.
Isaiah Manley Hinshaw died Jul 11 1925, buried Friends Cemetery, Rose Hill, Butler County, Kansas.6,10
Photo: Isaiah Manley Hinshaw gravestone Friends Cemetery
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "The Genealogical Journal", Randolph County [NC] Genealogical Society, Vol VI, Number 1, Winter 1982.
- 1860 census, Moffetts Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 249, line #23, dwelling #309, family #309.
- 1870 census, Eagletown P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 199, line #13, dwelling #331, family #326.
- 1900 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T623-473, ED 18, page 3B, line #83, dwelling #58, family #59.
- 1920 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T625-524, ED 31, page 4A, line #47, dwelling #76, family #76.
- 1920 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T625-524, ED 31, page 4A, line #48, dwelling #77, family #77.
- Contribution from Walter Lawrence ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]