┌── Isaac Newton Hinshaw
┌── Orlando Dugan Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1875-1949 │
│ └── Anna Matilda Furnas
Orlando Eugene Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1904 │ ┌── James Lucius Perry
D: 1964 │ │
└── Corena E. Perry ────────┤
└── Mary Josephine Lindley
M: Pauline Cartmel
├── Betty E. Hinshaw (1925-2014) 1,2,3
M: Mary Ann Perry
├── Nancy Nell Hinshaw 2,3
└── John J. Hinshaw (1946-2008) 2,3
Orlando Eugene Hinshaw [ID 08846]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Orlando Eugene Hinshaw4,5 [Eugene Hinshaw6,7,8, Gene Hinshaw9].
Born Oct 22 1904, Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.4,5,7,8,10,11
He married Pauline Cartmel.1,12
Gene and Pauline were shown in the 1933 city directory of Elwood, Indiana:12
Hinshaw O Eugene (Pauline C) pharmacist City Drug Store h800 S 16th
Gene and Pauline apparently divorced. Pauline remarried to a -- Brown.1
He then married Mary Ann Perry11,12 [Mary Anna Perry2], Sep 26 194511,12. Mary was born 1916.5
Gene was shown in the 1952 city directory of Elwood, Indiana:12
HINSHAW O EUG (Mary Ann) 2 sec-treas Hinshaw Drugs h 2308 S A
Orlando Eugene Hinshaw died Feb 19 1964, Tipton Memorial Hospital, Elwood, Madison County, Indiana; age 59.4,5,11
Gene's obituary was published in the "Anderson Daily Bulletin" (Anderson, Indiana) on Wednesday, February 19, 1964,13 and in the "Anderson Herald" (Anderson, Indiana) on Thursday, February 20, 196411 (see scans below).
Mary died 1999, buried City of Elwood Cemetery, Madison County, Indiana.5
Photo: Orlando Eugene Hinshaw obituary "Anderson Daily Bulletin", Feb 19 1964
Photo: Orlando Eugene Hinshaw obituary "Anderson Herald", Feb 20 1964
- Betty E. Hinshaw obituary.
- John J. Hinshaw obituary.
- Obituary of O. Eugene Hinshaw.
- Madison County Area Cemetery Database; Anderson, Indiana Public Library:
- "History of Madison County, Indiana", Vol. 2, by Forkner; Page 489:
- 1910 census, 3rd Ward, Elwood, Pipecreek Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T624-365, ED 123, page 13A, line #29, dwelling #253, family #255.
- 1920 census, 3rd Ward, Elwood, Pipecreek Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T625-449, ED 138, page 7A, line #22, dwelling #244, family #250.
- Posting Aug 4 1999 on QUAKER-ROOTS by Joy Roos ().
- Indiana Birth Records Index, 1880-1920. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- Obituary of O. Eugene Hinshaw; "Anderson Herald", Feb 20 1964; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Orlando Eugene Hinshaw; "Anderson Daily Bulletin", Feb 19 1964; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]