┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw
┌── Jesse Benjamin Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1813-1862 │
│ └── Annas Bowman
Harriett A. Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1865 │
D: 1926 │
└── Mary J. Abbott
M: Willis D. Hollingsworth
Harriett A. Hinshaw [ID 00961]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Harriett A. Hinshaw1,2,3 [Hattie A. Hinshaw4,5,6,7,8,9].
Born Jan 10 18652,3,9,10,11 [about 18648], Henry County, Indiana2,3,9,10,11.
There is an inconsistency with the reported dates in this family - Harriett's 1865 birth date2,3 conflicts with her father's reported 1862 death date.1,12
She married Willis D. Hollingsworth2,4,5,6 [Willis B. Hollingsworth11,13,14], Jan 5 18872,4,5,6, Henry County, Indiana2,4,5,6. Willis, son of Valentine Hollingsworth & Mary Frances "Frank" Reid, was born Jan 19 1862, Indiana.10,11,13,14
Willis Hollingsworth, born Aug 30 1893, Marion County, Indiana.
Reid Hollingsworth, born c1905, Indiana.
Hattie and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 18-20 1910), 1023 Portgage Ave., South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana:11
Hollingsworth, Willis B., head-of-household, age 48, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 23 years; occupation: manufacturer, ice; owned home (mortgaged).
Hollingsworth, Hattie, wife, age 45, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky; first marriage, married 23 years; 2 children, 2 living.
Hollingsworth, Willis, son, age 16, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Hollingsworth, Reid, son, age 5, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Neihart, Dennis [unclear], lodger, age 27, born in Indiana; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: bookkeeper, ice plant.
Harriett A. Hinshaw died Jun 6 19263,7 [Jul 6 19262,10], Santa Barbara County, California3,7; age 613,7.
On Jul 15 1938, the "Knightstown Banner" newspaper (Knightstown, Indiana) ran an article on former residents of that area who were then living in California. Hattie Hollingsworth was listed as living in Santa Barbara, California, daughter of J.H. [sic] Hinshaw.15
Willis died Apr 9 1944, Santa Barbara County, California; age 82.13,14
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-7, page 552.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Index to Birth Records Marion County 1882-1920 Inclusive", Volume II;
Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1939; book H-5, page 188.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1905-1929:
- 1870 census, Knightstown, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M593-323, page 299; line #4, dwelling #104, family #107.
- 1880 census, Knightstown, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 13, page 221C; line #32, dwelling #164, family #169.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Don T. Mitchell ().
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, South Bend, Portage Township, St. Joseph County, Indiana; roll T624-378, ED 162, page 7B, line #62, dwelling #168, family #170.
- Contribution from Patrick Joseph Vance ().
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1940-2000:
- Heiss, Willard. "Indiana Source Book", Vol. VII; Indiana Historical Society, 1977.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]