┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw
┌── Seth Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1818-1906 │
│ └── Annas Bowman
Teresa Ann Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1841 │ ┌── Stephen Gregg
D: 1924 │ │
└── Sarah Gregg ───┤
└── Hannah Pickering
M: Thomas C. Coffin
M: Rufus P. Walton
Teresa Ann Hinshaw [ID 00975]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Teresa Ann Hinshaw1,2 [Terresa Hinshaw3,4].
Born 7-29-1841, Duck Creek MM, Henry County, Indiana.2,3,4,5,6,7,8
She married Thomas C. Coffin, about 1859, Henry County, Indiana.2,4,9 Thomas was born about 1836, North Carolina.8
Duck Creek MM, on 9-22-1859, recorded "Terresa Ann Coffin (formerly Hinshaw) reported married contrary to discipline - disowned".4
Teresa and Thomas were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 15 1860), Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana:8
Thomas Coffin, age 24, born in North Carolina; physician O.S.; $200 personal property.
Turessa Coffin, age 18, born in Indiana.
She then married Rufus P. Walton, Aug 5 1867.1,6,7 Rufus, son of John + Linnie Walton, was born 4-16-1841, North Carolina.7,10
Teresa Ann Hinshaw died Apr 10 1924.2,7,11
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- GEDCOM archives at http://www.kindredkonnections.com.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 4,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Seth Hinshaw family bible, from "Hinshaw Family Bible Records",
LDS microfilm 1906029, Item 1.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1860 census, Greensboro, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 445, line #40, dwelling #1663, family #9.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-2, page 260.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]