┌── Jabez Hinshaw
┌── Elkannah Hinshaw ────┤
│ 1840-1900 │
│ └── Mary Lamb
Ida V. Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1872 │
D: 1903 │
└── Nancy Melinda Ginn
M: Ora Maynard
└── Ora J. Maynard (1893-<1954) 1,2
M: Edward Spearman
Ida V. Hinshaw [ID 09768]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Ida V. Hinshaw3,4 [Ida V. Henshaw5, Ida B. Henshaw6].
Born Jul - 1872.1,6,7
She married Ora Maynard5,8 [Orrin Maynard9,10, Orin Maynard3,11, Onin Maynard4], Sep 25 18925,8, Madison County, Indiana5,8. Ora, son of Barney + Phebe Maynard, was born about 1867, Indiana.4,9,10 Ora/Orrin was the brother of Ida Maynard who married Ida's brother Alonzo Hinshaw.
Ora died Mar 15 1893, Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana; age 26.4
She then married Edward Spearman, May 15 1898, Madison County, Indiana.1,7,8 Edward was born Feb - 1869, Virginia.1
Edgar L. Spearman, born Apr 23 1899, Madison County, Indiana; died Feb 19 1900, Alexandria, Indiana.
Female child born Nov 14 1900, Madison County, Indiana.
Female child born Apr 22 1902, Madison County, Indiana.
Ida and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12 1900), Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana:1
Spearman, Edward, head-of-household, age 31, born Feb 1869 in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; married 2 years; occupation: grinder at plate glass mfg.; rented home.
Spearman, Ida E., wife, age 27, born July 1872 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 2 years; 2 children, 1 living.
Mainard, Ora J.Living nearby in 1900 was the family of brother Alonzo.12
, stepdaughter, age 7, born Mar 1893 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school 8 months.
Ida V. Hinshaw died May 28 1903, Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana; age 30.4
After Ida died, daughter Ora was adopted by Ida's widowed mother11 and became Ora Hinshaw.2,8
Daughter Ora was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 25 1910), living with Ida's widowed mother in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana:2
, head-of-household, age 68, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Indiana; widow; occupation: own income; rented home.
, granddaughter, age 17, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: servant.
- 1900 census, Alexandria, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T623-386, ED 98, page 12B, line #98, dwelling #228, family #262.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Alexandria, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T624-364, ED 112, page 211A, line #13, dwelling #200, family #202.
- Indiana Births, 1880-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Index to Marriage Record, Madison County, Indiana 1880-1920", Vol II; Book C4, page 236.
- 1880 census, Van Buren Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T9-0293, ED 17, page 12D, line #9, dwelling #224, family #224.
- Index to Supplemental Record Madison County Marriage Transcripts, 1880-1920;
Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1938; Book W-2, page 8.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1870 census, Alexandria P.O., Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll M593-336, page 211, line #32, dwelling #290, family #284.
- 1880 census, Alexandria, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T9-293, ED 21, page 103B, line #28, dwelling #298, family #299.
- Hinshaw family notes and photos from Marta Flaherty, Peoria, Illinois.
- 1900 census, Alexandria, Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana; roll T623-386, ED 98, page 13A, line #14, dwelling #233, family #267.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]