+-- John Hinshaw | 1747-1800 +-- Seth Hinshaw ---+ | 1787-1865 | | +-- Ruth (Pike) Weisner | 1744-1795 Jabez Hinshaw ---+ B: 1814 | +-- Benjamin Beeson D: 1844 | | +-- Hannah Beeson --+ 1788-1822 | +-- Margaret Hoggatt M: Mary Lamb +-- Henry Hinshaw, 1835-1855 +-- Seth Burleigh Hinshaw, 1837-1915 +-- Elkannah Hinshaw, 1840-1900 +-- Hannah Ellen Hinshaw, 1842-1883
|Jabez Hinshaw     [ID 00349]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 8-24-1814, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,51,191
At Marlborough MM on 7-11-1833, Jabez was granted a certificate to Center MM to marry.2
He married Mary Lamb, 7-24-1833, Center MM, North Carolina.2,44,47,103,191    Mary, daughter of Henry+Rebecca Lamb, was born 9-9-1817, Randolph County, North Carolina.51,191,205
On 8-17-1833, the new bride Mary was granted a certificate to Marlboro MM [sic].2
On 9-12-1833, Jabez was granted a certificate from Marlborough MM to Spiceland MM, Henry County, Indiana.    On the same date, Marlborough MM received a certificate for Mary from Center MM, dated 8-17-1833, which was endorsed to Spiceland MM, Indiana.2
At Spiceland MM on 11-20-1833, Jabez was received on a certificate from Marlborough MM, N.C., endorsed over to Duck Creek MM.    Mary was received on a certificate from Providence MM, N.C., endorsed by Marlborough MM and endorsed over to Duck Creek MM.51
At Duck Creek MM on 11-21-1833, Jabez was received on a certificate from Marlborough MM, endorsed by Spiceland MM.    On the same day Mary was received on a certificate from Center MM, endorsed by Marlborough and by Spiceland MM to Duck Creek MM.51
At Spiceland MM on 2-19-1840, Jabez was appointed Librarian for the Duck Creek Preparative Meeting.51
Jabez and family are shown in the 1840 census, Henry County, Indiana, as follows:a
Jabez Hinshaw died 6-29-1844.191,205    Estate settlement: Henry County, Indiana Circuit Court, Probate Appearance Book 1, page 13, 1844;b Probate Hearing Book 1, pages 20, 56.b
After Jabez died, Mary remarried to - Morton.51
At Duck Creek MM on 6-26-1845, Mary & family were granted a certificate to Westfield MM.51
At Westfield MM on 8-7-1845, Mary and children Henry, Seth, Elcana, & Hannah Ellen were received on a certificate from Duck Creek MM.53
At Westfield MM on 9-9-1847, Mary Norton (formerly Hinshaw) was disowned for "marriage out of unity, test[ament?] sent to Duck Creek MM."53
At Duck Creek MM on 4-25-1850, Henry, Seth, Elkanah & Hannah Ellen, children of Jabez, deceased, & wife Mary (now Mary Morton) were received on a certificate from Westfield MM.51
In 1850, son Elkana was living with Jabez's sister Dianna,c and son Henry was living with Mary's parents.d    It is not known if the other children were also placed out into relatives homes.
Mary died 1866.191,205
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
47. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
51. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 4, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
53. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
103. "Additions, Corrections, & Comments - Abstracts of the Record of the Society of Friends in Indiana", by Roger S. Boone, 1978, Springfield, Ohio; In the Newberry Library in Chicago.
191. "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1840 census, Henry County, Indiana; USGenWeb Archives (page 114, line 1).
(b) Henry County Genealogical Services: http://www.hcgs.net.
(c) 1850 census, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll 151, page 293; dwelling #608.
(d) 1850 census, Delaware Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll 148, page 44; dwelling #50.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]