┌── William Henry Hinshaw
┌── William Raymond Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1877-1954 │
│ └── Pleasent Jane Pressnall
Paul Samson Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1899 │ ┌── Sanford M. Bouslog
D: 1953 │ │
└── Blanch Bouslog ───────────┤
└── Mary J. Yost
M: Kathryn Jewel Meredith
├── June Maxine Hinshaw (1920-2000) 1,2,3,4,5
M: Katherine Flanders
└── Buddy Hinshaw (1925-) 6
Paul Samson Hinshaw [ID 09958]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Paul Samson Hinshaw1,7,8,9 [Paul Sampson Hinshaw10, Paul Sanford Hinshaw6,11].
Born Dec 3 1899, Henry County, Indiana.7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15 (Jun 3 1898).10 (Paul shown age 20 on daughter Maxine's 1920 birth certificate).1
On Sep 11 1918 Paul Sampson Hinshaw, age 20, registered for the World War I draft in Newcastle, Henry County, Indiana. He declared he was born June 3 1898, and his residence was 1323½ E. Broad St., New Castle, Indiana. He declared his occupation was "A.M.E.", employed with "Bureau of" [..unclear..], Gibbons Hotel, Dayton, Ohio. He declared his nearest relative was his mother, Blanch B. Hinshaw, of the same home address. He was recorded as short, medium build, blue eyes, light hair.10
He married Kathryn Jewel Meredith1 [Kate Meridith8]. Kathryn, daughter of Charles Davis Meredith & Elizabeth K. "Lizzie" Story, was born Aug 23 1901, Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky.1,2,14,16
Paul and Kathryn were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8-9 1920), living with Kathryn's parents and family at 421 West 12th Street, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:14
Meredith, Charles D., head-of-household, age 42, born in Kentucky; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: machinist, tire co.
Meredith, Lizzie, wife, age 43, born in Kentucky; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky.
Meredith, Sarah, daughter, age 14, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school.
Merlin, Lillian, daughter, age 20, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married; occupation: manucurist, barber shop.
Hinshaw, Paul, son-in-law, age 20, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married; occupation: tool maker, automobile shop.
Hinshaw, Kathryn, daughter, age 18, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married.
[... plus three lodgers ...]
Paul and Kathryn apparently divorced. Kathryn remarried c1929 to John Mason Hunsaker.2,16 Kathryn and daughter were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living with her parents and family at 1014 South Park View Street, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:2
Meridith [unclear], Charles D., head-of-household, age 53, born in Kentucky; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 22; rented home ($100 rent); radio in home; occupation: carpenter, building constr.; not a war veteran.
", Elizabeth K., wife, age 53, born in Kentucky; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucky; first married at age 22.
Hunsaker, John M., head-of-household, age 33, born in Missouri; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 32; occupation: conductor, street car co.; not a war veteran.
Hunsaker, Kathrine J., wife, age 28, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 27; occupation: waitress, restaurant.
, daughter, age 9, born in California; father born in Missouri; mother born in Kentucky; attended school.
[... plus five roomers ...]
Kathryn was ill most of her adult life.1 Kathryn died Jun 1 1937, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; age 35y 9m 8d.1,16,17,18 Medical: Kathryn died from advanced tuberculosis.1,16
He then married Katherine Flanders6 [Kathryn Flanders19]. Katherine, daughter of William Henry Flanders & Viola Ethel Whiles, was born Feb 11 1908, Shelbyville, Shelby County, Illinois.6,19,20,21
Paul and family lived in California.6
Paul and Kathryn divorced.19 Kathryn was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 9-10 1940) living with her widowed mother, Fowler Apt. Hotel, 1110 West Washington, Los Angeles, California:19
Flanders, Viola, head-of-household, age 65, born in Illinois; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Lawrenceville, Illinois; widow; rented home ($25/month rent).
Hinshaw, Kathryn, daughter, age 32, born in Illinois; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Shelbyville, Illinois; divorced; occupation: waitress, restaurant; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $624 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Paul Samson Hinshaw died Feb 2 1953, St. Louis City Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri; age 53.11
Photo: Paul Sanford Hinshaw death certificate St. Louis, Missouri [PDF]
- Contribution from Al Cloud ().
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-146, ED 353, page 9B, line #76, dwelling #120a, family #200-201.
- RootsWeb California Birth Record Database:
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Nov 22 1999 by Sharyl Flanders Fritschie () to the Hinshaw GenForum:
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Mark Slade ().
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Death certificate for Paul Sanford Hinshaw; Missouri State Archives:
- 1900 census, Monroe Township, Delaware County, Indiana; roll T623-368, ED 47, page 10B, line #79, dwelling #231, family #235.
- 1910 census, New Castle, Henry Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 87, page 30A, line #28, dwelling #4, family #7.
- 1920 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-115, ED 455, page 4A-B, line #50, dwelling #30, family #140.
- Family notes from Roberta Hinshaw Musselman
- California, Death Index, 1905-1939; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Los Angeles Times" (Los Angeles, California), Jun 4 1937; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-391, ED 60-787, page 8B, line #67, household #207.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Barber-Wages Family Tree" posted by "emwages".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "CorcoranFisherManningMiddleton" posted by "gofish711".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]