George Gaston Dean Henshaw
1. Daniel Henshaw (c1817-1891) m Emily Merritt (c1817-1892)
2.. James Gaston Henshaw (1844-1903) m Malissa Mark (1845-1906)
3... George Gaston Dean Henshaw (1899-1966)
+Olive Josepha Sickner (1899-1992)
4.... Lois Jean Henshaw (1923-) 1,2,3,4
4.... Doris Joan Henshaw (1929-1997) 1,2,3,4,5
George Gaston Dean Henshaw [ID 12197]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
George Gaston Dean Henshaw6,7,8 [Gaston D. Henshaw2,9,10].
Born Dec 1 1899, Arizona.7,8,9,10,11
George was adopted first by James Gaston & Melissa M. Henshaw,7 then by their daughter (and his adoptive sister) Grace Henshaw.8 His original name and birth parents is unknown. Since the 1900 census showed that his mother had been born in Iowa,7 it seems likely he was probably an illegitimate son of one of the daughters of James Gaston & Melissa M. Henshaw,12 or he might have been the son of Grace Henshaw by her first marriage.12
George was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), living (or staying) in a boarding/lodging house at 642 35th Place, Los Angeles, California:9
Henshaw, Gaston D., lodger, age 20, born in Arizona; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Iowa; single; occupation: draftsman, gas co.
He married Olive Josepha Sickner, about 1922.2,10 Olive, daughter of - Sickner & - Burroughs, was born Mar 7 1899, Kansas.2,3,10,11
George and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10-11 1930), 1309 West 58th Place, Los Angeles, California:2
Henshaw, Gaston D., head-of-household, age 30, born in Arizona; parents born in United States; first married at age 22; owned home ($6,000 value); radio in home; occupation: own account, radio & electric; not a veteran.
Henshaw, Olive J., wife, age 31, born in Kansas; parents born in New York; first married at age 22.
Henshaw, Lois J.
, daughter, age 6, born in California; father born in Arizona; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Henshaw, Doris J.
[initial unclear], daughter, age 4 months, born in California; father born in Arizona; mother born in Kansas.
George and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 8 1940), 1309 58 Place, Los Angeles, California:3
Henshaw, Gaston D, head-of-household, age 39, born in Arizona; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($3000 value); occupation: radio technician, radio business; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Henshaw, Olive, wife, age 40, born in Kansas; completed 2 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Henshaw, Lois Jean
, daughter, age 16, born in California; completed 1 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Henshaw, Doris Joan
, daughter, age 10, born in California; completed 4th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
George Gaston Dean Henshaw died Mar 29 1966, Los Angeles County, California; age 66.10,11,13
Olive died Dec 14 1992, Los Angeles County, California; age 93.10,11,13
Social Security information for George Gaston Dean Henshaw: 545-30-3754
Social Security information for Olive Josepha Sickner: 548-82-8417
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-151, ED 495, page 13A, line #20, dwelling #206, family #212.
- 1940 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-425, ED 60-422, page 1A, line #11, household #4.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Desc of Nathaniel Merritt, Rev. War soldier" posted by "stemather" (Stephanie Mather: ).
- 1900 census, Township 3, Maricopa County, Arizona Territory; roll T623-45, ED 26, page 1A, line #39, dwelling #8, family #10.
- 1910 census, Osborn Precinct, Maricopa County, Arizona; roll T624-40, ED 68, page 130A, line #2, dwelling #232, family #238.
- 1920 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-112, ED 342, page 5A, line #32, dwelling #49, family #128.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]