Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw
1. Samuel Hanshaw (1786-<1847) m Eve - (c1786-?)
2.. (unknown) Hanshew m Jemima - (c1814-?)
3... Richard M. Handshaw (1840-1903) m Margaret Caroline Moore (1843-?)
4.... William Albert Hanshaw (c1879-1961) m Daisy Conaway (1881->1961)
5..... Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw (1899-1934)
+Lottie J. Harmon (c1904-1997)
6...... Charles W. Hanshaw (1921-1988) 1,2
6...... Lester Ray Hanshaw (1922-2004) 1,2
6...... Edward B. Hanshaw (1925-2001) 1,2
6...... Hazel M. Hanshaw (c1929-) 1,2
6...... Donald E. Hanshaw (1931-1979) 2
Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw [ID 14768]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw3,4 [Ben F. Hanshaw1, Bennie F. Hanshaw5, Benjmine Henshaw6].
Born Dec 2 1899, Ohio.1,3,4,5,6
On Sep 12 1918 Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Lawrence County, Ohio. He declared he was born December 2, 1899 and was then living in Ironton, Ohio where he was employed by M. Edwards as a teamster. He declared his nearest relative was William Albert Hanshaw of Ironton, Ohio. He was recorded as slender, medium height, brown eyes, brown hair. On the same day his father also registered for the WWI draft in Lawrence County, Ohio.4
He married Lottie J. Harmon, 1928, Lawrence County, Ohio.2,7 (c1922).1 Lottie was born about 1904, Ohio.1
Ben and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio:1
Hanshew, Ben F., head-of-household, age 29, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 20; owned home ($800 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, railroad; not a veteran.
Hanshew, Lottie G., wife, age 26, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 18.
Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw died Oct 8 1934, Lawrence County, Ohio.8
In 1979 Lottie was living in/near Ironton, Lawrence County, Ohio.9
Lottie died Dec - 1997.10
Photo: Benjamin Franklin Hanshaw World War I Draft Registration Card
- 1930 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T626-1827, ED 11, page 1B, line #69, dwelling #16, family #16.
- Obituary of Lester Ray Hanshaw.
- 1900 census, Fayette Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; ED 68, page 69B, line #71, dwelling #49, family #50.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Perry Township, Lawrence County, Ohio; roll T625-1400, ED 104, page 10B, line #80, dwelling #200, family #204.
- 1910 census, Ward 4, Precinct 4, Ironton, Lawrence County, Ohio; ED 105, page 237A, line #22, dwelling #248, family #268.
- Lawrence County Marriage Index, Books 25-42, 1917 - 1943; pg 304
"The Lawrence Register": http://lawrencecountyohio.com/marriages/marriages/25_42/brides/hap_har.htm.
- Ohio Death Certificate Index: http://www.ohiohistory.org/dindex.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Kathy Hanshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]