1. Samuel Henshaw (c1661-c1719) m Keziah Pell (c1670->1721)
2.. Samuel Henshaw (?-c1758) m Martha Noell (c1689-?)
3... John Henshaw (c1728-1790) m Rachel Lee Boulware (c1730-1794)
4.... Charles Lee Henshaw (c1776-1829) m Elizabeth Gatewood (c1770-1826)
5..... Chaney Gatewood Henshaw (c1799-1837) m Mary Helen "Polly" Motley (c1801-1867)
6...... Thomas Elmore Henshaw (1836-1893)
+Sarah Ella Tod (c1841-1908)
7....... Fanny Helen Henshaw (c1863-1881) 1
7....... Ida Lee Henshaw (1864-1936) 1,2,3
7....... Marie Elmo Henshaw (1871-?) 3
Thomas Elmore Henshaw [ID 15550]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 2 18364,5,6 [about 18391], Virginia4,5,6.
Thomas and brother Robert were shown in the 1860 census (Nov 17 1860), Caroline County, Virginia:6
Thomas E. Henshaw, age 23, born in Virginia; farmer; $4000 real estate; $3300 personal property.
Robert C. Henshaw
, age 25, born in Virginia; farmer; $4000 real estate; $3300 personal property.
He married Sarah Ella Tod2 [Ella Tod1]. Sarah was born about 1841, Virginia.1
Thomas and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 17 1870), King and Queen County, Virginia:1
Henshaw, Thomas, age 31, born in Virginia; farmer; $550 personal property.
Henshaw, Ella, age 29, born in Virginia; keeping house.
Barefort [unclear], Milton, age 14, born in Virginia; works on farm; cannot read or write.
Brown, Virginia, black, age 10, born in Virginia; domestic servant; cannot read or write.
Brown, Phillis, black, age 40, born in Virginia; works on farm; cannot read or write.
Brown, Charity, black, age 50, born in Virginia; works on farm; cannot read or write.
Thomas Elmore Henshaw died May 11 1893.4
Sarah died 1908.7
- 1870 census, Little Plymouth P.O., Newtown Township, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M593-1657, page 430, line #15, dwelling #264, family #275.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Scott Hartless ().
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Lenberg Family Tree" posted by "ronniyak".
- Henshaw family Bible record, 1826-1893; Library of Virginia, Bible Records:
- 1850 census, Drysdale Parish, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M432-954, page 200, line #30, dwelling #846, family #846.
- 1860 census, Caroline County, Virginia; roll M653-1339, page 756, line #7, dwelling #1404, family #1404.
- Contribution from Jane Bennett ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]