1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Abel Hinshaw (1799-1876) m Nancy Bookout (1799-1882)
9......... Silas Hinshaw (1829-1891) m Sofronia Mullen (1831-1904)
10.......... Elwood Edward Hinshaw (1872-1912) m Maude Belle Beverly (1871-1959)
11........... Bessie M. Hinshaw (1896-1974)
+George Henry Lykins (1900-1992)
Bessie M. Hinshaw [ID 17554]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 27 1896, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
She married George Henry Lykins, about 1922.4,8 George, son of Enos + Ella D. Lykins, was born Apr 10 1900, Indiana.4,6,8,9,10
Robert Eugene "Dag" Lykins, born May 19 1926, Winchester, Indiana; died Aug 13 2009; married 1) Mary Catherine Daly, Apr 19 1952; 2) Nancy Lynn Cox, Oct 1983.
Bessie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 14 1930), 646 E. North St., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:4
Lykins, Geo H., head-of-household, age 30, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 21; owned home ($1000 value); radio in home; occupation: packer, b[..unclear..] factory; not a war veteran.
Lykins, Bessie M, wife, age 34, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; first married at age 26.
Lykins, Robert E, son, age 3 years 10 months, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Bessie and George divorced.5 George remarried to Goldie Charline --.7,8 George died Jul 3 1992, Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana; buried Hopewell Cemetery, Farmland, Randolph County, Indiana.6,7,8
Bessie and son were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 3 1940), 25 East Washington Street, Winchester, Randolph County, Indiana:5
Lykins, Bessie M, head-of-household, age 43, born in Indiana; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/town; divorced; rented home ($10.50/month rent); occupation: housework, private homes; worked 8 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939.
Lykins, Robert E, son, age 13, born in Indiana; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/town; attended school.
Bessie and son were shown in the 1954 city directory of La Porte, Indiana:12
Lykins Robt E (Bessie J) jan Whirlpool h207 Bosserman
Bessie and son were shown in the 1956 city directory of La Porte, Indiana:12
Lykins Robt E (Bessie) fctywkr Whirlpool-Seeger h207 Bosserman
Bessie and son were shown in the 1958 city directory of La Porte, Indiana:12
Lykins Bessie Mrs h207 Bosserman
Lykins Robt E fcty wkr Whirlpool Corp r Michigan City Ind
Bessie and son were shown in the 1960 city directory of La Porte, Indiana:12
Lykins Bessie Mrs h207 Bosserman
Lykins Robt E emp Whirlpool r RD 5 Box 242
Bessie M. Hinshaw died Sep 10 1974, buried Fountain Park Cemetery, Winchester, Randolph County, Indiana.6,7
Social Security information for Bessie M. Hinshaw: 312-16-2856
Social Security information for George Henry Lykins: 304-09-2546
- 1900 census, Greensfork Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 120, page 11B-12A, line #100, dwelling #237, family #239.
- 1910 census, Greensfork Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T624-376, ED 137, page 38A, line #26, dwelling #143, family #149.
- 1920 census, 4th Ward, Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana; roll T625-474, ED 167, page 1B, line #81, dwelling #32, family #32.
- 1930 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T626-624, ED 26, page 15A, line #15, dwelling #373, family #395.
- 1940 census, Winchester, White River Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T627-1089, ED 68-28, page 1A, line #8, household #1.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "McDonald/McDaniel-Davis" posted by "ida8888".
- U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 128, page 11B, line #91, dwelling #256, family #257.
- Obituary of Robert E. "Dag" Lykins; "Palladium-Item", Aug 17 2009;
United States Obituary Collection; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancesty.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]