1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. John Jackson Hanshaw (1832-1913) m Mary Druzilla Arthurs (1850-1936)
3... Corn Wallace Hanshaw (1871-1965) m Inez Clementine Hill (1882-1941)
4.... Ira Lee Hanshaw (1908-1942)
5..... Roy Homer Hanshaw (1929-1930) 1
5..... Ira Hanshaw, Jr. (1925-1975) 2
+Thelma Inez Hersman (1906-2002)
5..... John Hanshaw 3,4
5..... Yvonne Lee Hanshaw 3,4
5..... Franklin B. Hanshaw (1938-) 3,4
Ira Lee Hanshaw [ID 02443]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Mar 9 1908, Ovapa, Clay County, West Virginia.5,6,7,8
2Ira had a son, Ira Jr., from a short relationship with Dallas Braily, a young girl of about 15 or 16 years old.9
He married Thelma Inez Hersman4,8,10,11 [Thelma Hersmann3], Dec 18 19304,8,10,11. Thelma, daughter of Alexander Morrison Hersman & Allie Rowe, was born May 19 1906, Roane County, West Virginia.4,8,10,11,12
Ira Lee Hanshaw died Aug 11 1942, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia; age 34y 5m 2d.7,8,13 Medical: Ira died from a stroke.8,13
Ira's obituary was published in the "Charleston Daily Mail" on August 12, 1942.13
In 2002 Thelma was living in/near Bella Vista, Benton County, Arkansas.12
Thelma died May 15 2002.12
Photo: Ira Lee Hanshaw death certificate
Social Security information for Thelma Inez Hersman: 233-36-4017
- Death certificate for Roy Homer Hanshaw.
- Contribution from Diana Hanshaw.
- Contribution from Shawn F. Hanshaw.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by ().
- 1910 census, Geary District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T624-1696, ED 80, page 22B, line #79, dwelling #120, family #120.
- 1920 census, Geary District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T625-1971, ED 118, page 1B, line #61, dwelling #13, family #13.
- Burials in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Clay County, West Virginia; USGenWeb:
- Ira L. Hanshaw death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Contribution from Diana Hanshaw citing:
information from Mary Ellen Jones Hinshaw.
- 1910 census, Spencer District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T624-1696, ED 89, page 7B, line #63, dwelling #111, family #111.
- 1920 census, Spencer District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T625-1971, ED 127, page 24B, line #75, dwelling #525, family #546.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Ron Larch () citing:
obituary of Ira Lee Hanshaw; the "Charleston Daily Mail", Aug 12 1942.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]