1. James Henshaw (c1820-?)
+Susannah Osburn (1821-?)
2.. Margaret Henshaw (1841-1872) 1,2,3,4,5
2.. Mary Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1843-?) 1,2,3,4
2.. William Hinshaw (c1848-?) 2,3
2.. Calvin L. Henshaw (1858-1930) 3,6
James Henshaw [ID 02448]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 18202 [about 18253], North Carolina2.
He married Susannah Osburn7,8,9,10 [Susannah Ozborn11], Nov 19 18407,8,9,10, Preble County, Ohio7,8,9,10. Susannah, daughter of Jonathan + Mary Ozbun2,12,13, was born Jun 29 18212,12,13, Ohio2,12,13 [Indiana3, Illinois6].
At Elk MM (Ohio) on 4-17-1841, Susanna Hinshaw (formerly Ozbun) condemned her marriage out of unity.12
On Jul 15 1843 James and Susannah were living in Preble County, Ohio.11
James and family were shown in the 1850 census (Nov 16 1850), Warren County, Illinois:2
James Henshaw, age 30, born in North Carolina; farmer; cannot read or write.
Susannah Henshaw, age 29, born in Ohio.
James and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 8 1850), Spring Grove Township, Warren County, Illinois:3
James Henshaw, age 35, born in North Carolina; farmer; $130 personal property; cannot read or write.
Susanna Henshaw, age 30, born in Indiana.
It appears that James died sometime before 1868 as Mrs. Susanna Henshaw remarried to Samuel Cox on Aug 27 1868, Warren County, Illinois.14,15
Susanna later remarried to a -- Bennet.6
Susanna and son Calvin were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 6 1900), Portland, Monroe County, Wisconsin:6
, head-of-household, age 41, born June 1858 in Illinois; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: farmer; owned farm (mortgaged).
Bennet, Susana, mother, age 70 [sic], born June 1821 in Illinois; parents born in North Carolina; widow; 5 children, 3 living.
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- Contribution from Susan ().
- 1850 census, Warren County, Illinois; Roll M432-131, page 83B, line #39, dwelling #1180, family #1180.
- 1860 census, Spring Grove P.O., Spring Grove Township, Warren County, Illinois; Roll M653-234, page 481, line #2, dwelling #2030, family #2042.
- Contribution from Susan ().
- 1900 census, Portland Town, Monroe County, Wisconsin; roll T623-1808, ED 104, page 3A, line #16, dwelling #44, family #44.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- Marriage Index: Selected Counties of Ohio, 1789-1850; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Genealogical & Historical Records of Preble County, Ohio; Preble County District Library:
- Preble County, Ohio Common Pleas Court Records 1810-1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book C, page 33):
- "Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900", Ancestry, inc.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:33:58 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]