1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. Isaac G. Hinshaw (1813-1873) m Melissa Buell (1831-1923)
3... Anderson N. Hinshaw (1861-1944)
+Frances Virginia "Jennie" Teshera (1866-1922)
4.... Loid Ray Hinshaw (1888-1907) 1,2
+Lyda M. - (c1884-?)
+Donie Perino (c1891-)
Anderson N. Hinshaw [ID 02654]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Nov 27 1861, Buell, Polk County, Oregon.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Anderson was shown in the 1880 census, living in the household of brother Avery in Douglas Township, Polk County, Oregon:5
, age 22, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; farmer.
Hinshaw, Sary J.
, wife, age 30, born in Missouri; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Laura M.
, daughter, age 9 months, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri.
Hinshaw, Anderson, brother, age 18, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; laborer; attended school.
, step-daughter, age 11, born in Oregon; parents born in Missouri; attended school.
He married Frances Virginia "Jennie" Teshera1, Apr 12 18831, Polk County, Oregon1 [Langley, Washington Territory8]. Frances, daughter of Joseph A. Teshera & Mary Emily Culbertson, was born Jul 12 1866, Oregon City, Clackamas County, Oregon.8,9,10
Anderson and son Lloyd were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 22 1900), Dallas, Polk County, Oregon:2
Hinshaw, Anderson, head-of-household, age 38, born Nov 1861 in Oregon; parents' birthplaces unknown; married 17 years; occupation: day laborer; rented home.
, son, age 12, born April 1888 in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Washington; attended school 6 months.
[.. plus six boarders ..]
Anderson and Jennie were apparently divorced or separated about 1900.2,9,11 Jennie remarried to a Wesley Langley,12 c1901.9 [children: Agnes Langley, c1903;13 Albert Langley, c1904 - Sep 29 1930;13,14 stillborn son, Nov 11 1905;15 Margaret "Maggie" Langley, Oct 9 1909, Stevens County, Washington;9,10,13,16 ]. Frances ("Jennie") and Wesley divorced in 1918.13 Frances died Mar 6 1922.8
He then married Lyda M. -, about 1905.6 Lyda was born about 1884, Pennsylvania.6
Anderson and Lyda were shown in the 1910 census (May 5-6 1910), North Dallas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon:6
Hinshaw, Anderson, head-of-household, age 48, born in Oregon; father born in Iowa; mother born in Missouri; second marriage, married 5 years; occupation: teamster, logging camp; rented home.
Hinshaw, Lyda M., wife, age 26, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; first marriage, married 5 years; no children.
Anderson and Lyda were divorced before 1920.11
Anderson was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), Dallas, Polk County, Oregon:11
Hinshaw, Anderson N., head-of-household, age 58, born in Oregon; father born in Iowa; mother born in Missouri; divorced; owned home; occupation: shoe maker, own shop.
He then married Donie Perino.17 Donie was born about 1891, Oregon.17
Anderson and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10 1930), Toledo, Lincoln County, Oregon:17
Hinshaw, Anderson N., head-of-household, age 68, born in Oregon; parents born in United States; first married at age 21; owned home ($2000 value); no radio in home; occupation: shoe maker, shop; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Donie, wife, age 39 [unclear], born in Oregon; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 16; occupation: laborer, house work.
Perino [unclear], Elsie, step-daughter, age 18, born in Oregon; parents born in Oregon; single; attended school.
Perino [unclear], Lucile, step-daughter, age 13, born in Oregon; parents born in Oregon; single; attended school.
Perino [unclear], May, step-daughter, age 11, born in Oregon; parents born in Oregon; single; attended school.
Anderson N. Hinshaw died Dec 5 1944, Salem, Marion County, Oregon; buried Blair Cemetery, Buell, Polk County, Oregon.1,18,19
- Contribution from Lucille Bigelow ().
- 1900 census, Dallas, Polk County, Oregon; roll T623-1351, ED 173, page 18A, line #24, dwelling #409, family #411.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Oregon.
- 1870 census, Grand Ronde P.O., Polk County, Oregon; roll M593-1287, page 312, line #30, dwelling #501, family #489.
- 1880 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 103, page 453D, line #11, dwelling #93, family #94.
- 1910 census, North Dallas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T624-1282, ED 246, page 290A, line #34, dwelling #155, family #156.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Contribution from Annie Teshera Glass ().
- 1910 census, Colville Precinct, Stevens County, Washington; roll T624-1672, ED 218, page 164A, line #18, dwelling #381, family #395.
- 1920 census, Spokane, Spokane County, Washington; roll T625-1941, ED 230, page 6B, line #62, dwelling #117, family #168.
- 1920 census, Dallas, Polk County, Oregon; roll T625-1497, ED 383, page 3B, line #58, dwelling #68, family #68.
- Posting Sep 21 2003 by Annie Teshera Glass () to the Roots Surname List:
- Contribution from Susan Thomas ().
- Posting Apr 10 2011 by Ron Bestrom to the King County, Washington message board:
- Washington Births, 1891-1907; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington State Birth Index 1907-19; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Toledo, Lincoln County, Oregon; roll T626-1944, ED 6, page 7B, line #86, dwelling #168, family #170.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:11 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]