1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. Isaac G. Hinshaw (1813-1873) m Melissa Buell (1831-1923)
3... Avery Hinshaw (1858-1931)
+Sarah Jane Miller (c1850-1886)
4.... Laura Mae Hinshaw (1880-1970) 1
4.... Havila Harrison Hinshaw (1881-1955) 1,2
+Charlotte Emaline James (c1861-1945)
Avery Hinshaw [ID 02652]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 29 18581,3,4,5,6,7 [Jan - 18572], Douglas, Polk County, Oregon1,3,4,5,6,7.
He married Sarah Jane Miller8 [Sarah Jane Lynch3,9, Susan J. Miller1], Oct 3 18788, Polk County, Oregon8. Sarah, daughter of John Lynch & Eliza Sparks, was born about 1850, Missouri.1,6,9,10
Sarah had been previously married to Jackson Miller9,10 (Robert Jackson Miller),11 who had died Jun 25 1876,11 and by whom she had a daughter, Elizabeth Leeper Miller9,11 [married -- Blair; died 1937].12
Avery and family were shown in the 1880 census, Douglas Township, Polk County, Oregon:6
Hinshaw, Avery, age 22, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; farmer.
Hinshaw, Sary J., wife, age 30, born in Missouri; father born in Tennessee; mother born in North Carolina; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Laura M.
, daughter, age 9 months, born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Missouri.
, brother, age 18, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; laborer; attended school.
Miller, Elizabeth, step-daughter, age 11, born in Oregon; parents born in Missouri; attended school.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of brother Tilman;13 one more house away was the family of brother Zimri.14
Sarah died 1886, Yamhill County, Oregon; buried Union Baptist Church Cemetery, on Harmony Rd., Polk County, Oregon.1,9
Avery was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 5 1900), living in the household of brother Havila in Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon:2
Hinshaw, Avery, brother, age 43, born Jan 1857 in Oregon; father's birthplace unknown; mother born in Missouri; widower.
Hinshaw, HapLiving next door in 1900 was the family of brother Tilghman.15
[unclear], nephew, age 17, born Aug 1882 in Oregon; parents born in Oregon; attended school 3 months.
He then married Charlotte Emaline James, before 1920, Portland, Oregon.3,16 Charlotte was born about 1861, Oregon.7,16,17
Avery and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 12 1920), McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon:16
Hinshaw, Avery, head-of-household, age 61, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: laborer, "on streets".
Hinshaw, Charlotte, wife, age 59, born in Oregon; father born in United States; mother born in Indiana.
, mother, age 89, born in Indiana; parents born in New York; widow.
Giberson [unclear], James G., roomer, age 60, born in Norway.
Avery and Charlotte were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 3 1930), 215 Tenth Street, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon:7
Henshaw, Avery, head-of-household, age 72, born in Oregon; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 20; owned home ($1500 value); no radio in home; occupation: none.
Henshaw, Charlote E., wife, age 68, born in Oregon; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 18.
Avery Hinshaw died Feb 18 1931, Portland, Oregon; buried Union Baptist Church Cemetery, on Harmony Rd., Polk County, Oregon.1,3,9,18
Widow Charlotte was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 12 1940), living in the household of her sister, Sarah Oldted, Salem, Marion County, Oregon:17
Hinshaw, Charlotte E, sister-in-law, age 79, born in Oregon; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; widow.
Charlotte died Mar 23 1945, Marion County, Oregon.18
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1900 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T623-1351, ED 170, page 1B, line #83, dwelling #21, family #21.
- Contribution from Lucille Bigelow ().
- 1860 census, Salt Creek P.O., Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll M653-742, page 538, line #1, dwelling #445, family #401.
- 1870 census, Grand Ronde P.O., Polk County, Oregon; roll M593-1287, page 312, line #30, dwelling #501, family #489.
- 1880 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 103, page 453D, line #11, dwelling #93, family #94.
- 1930 census, 2nd Ward, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T626-1958, ED 24, page 2B, line #85, dwelling #54, family #56.
- "Oregon Marriages From 1806 to 1850".
- Contribution from Jerry Lynch ().
- 1870 census, McMinnville P.O., McMinnville Precinct, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll M593-1288, page 510, line #19, dwelling #27, family #22.
- Contribution from Harriet Miller ().
- Funeral of Elizabeth Blair; "The Sheridan Sun" (Sheridan, Oregon), Jan 14 1937; http://www.worldvitalrecords.com.
- 1880 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 103, page 453D, line #7, dwelling #92, family #93.
- 1880 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 103, page 453D, line #1, dwelling #91, family #92.
- 1900 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T623-1351, ED 170, page 1B, line #89, dwelling #22, family #22.
- 1920 census, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T625-1506, ED 452, page 10B, line #54, dwelling #37, family #37.
- 1940 census, Salem, Marion County, Oregon; roll T627-3374, ED 24-66, page 8A, line #37, household #255.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-98; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:09 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]