1. Evan Houghton (c1530-1608) 2.. Richard Houghton (c1554-?) m Margaret Stanley 3... Evan Houghton (c1582-1644) m Ellen Parker (c1584-?) 4.... Katherine Houghton (1615-1651) +William Henshawe (1608-?)
|Katherine Houghton     [ID 03200]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Katherine Houghton)4    (Katherin Hauhton)9,13,18,38    (Catherine Houghton)1,78,133    (Catharine Houghton)132
Born 1615, Wavertree Hall, Liverpool, Lancashire, England.78
She married William Henshawe, Oct 12 1630, Walton on the Hill, Lancashire, England.4,9,13,18,38    Marriage license issued Sep 27 1630:a "William Henshaw and Katherine Houghton, Parish of Walton, Lanc.    Bondsman, Thomas Henshaw, father of said William.    Licence to Revds. Neveil Key, Roger Tovey, and Hierom (Jerome) Orme, Clerks".
William Henshawe, son of Thomas Henshall & - Kendrick, was born Mar 3 1608, Walton on the Hill, Lancashire, England.13
Katherine Houghton died 1651.1,4    In 1651 a plague killed 200 persons in the Liverpool area, most being buried in Sickman's lane (now Addison street);b it seems likely that Katherine was probably a victim of this plague.c
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
4. The "New England Historical and Genealogical Register", vol 22, 1868, The New England Historical and Genealogical Society. This issue includes a complete copy of the recorded pedigree of Joshua Henshaw.
9. The "American Registry", Vol. X, pg 181, 973 US015 Vol. X in the LDS Family History Library.
13. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Lancashire, England.
18. "Computer Printout of Walton on the Hill, Lancashire, England (1586-1746)", Marriages (Microfilm 0883843 or microfiche 6904107, document 942.72 K29PR, Batch M005451): the LDS Family History Library.
38. An article appearing in the magazine "Hobbies", February 1967, titled "At the Sign of the Crest - Henshaw Coat-of-Arms", by Hazel Karft Eilers copy supplied by Fontella Hinshaw.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
132. "The West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly", Vol. 4, No. 2, April 1904. The West Virginia Historical and Antiquarian Society, Charleston, W.VA. Article "The Henshaw Family" by Valley Virginia Henshaw. Contributed by David H. Henshaw ().
133. "Genealogical and Personal History of Fayette County Pennsylvania", Volume II. John W. Jordan & James Hadden, editors. Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York, 1912. Contributed by David H. Henshaw ().
(a) Contribution from Truman Young () citing:
The Record Society for the Publication of Original Documents Relating to Lancashire and Cheshire, Vol 57 (1909):
Edited by Wm. Fergusson Irvine, F.S.A. (Library of Congress # DA 670 L19 R3 v.57).
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]