1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Charles Hinshaw (1814-1849) m Mary Susan Haybarger (1824-1883)
10.......... Charles Carr Hinshaw (1849-1921) m Mary Elizabeth Smith (1855-1935)
11........... Oda Mae Hinshaw (1874-1965)
+Alfred "Pete" Thompson (1871-1940)
Oda Mae Hinshaw [ID 00448]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Oda Mae Hinshaw1,2,3,4 [Ada May Hinshaw5].
Born Nov 28 18742,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 [Mar - 187411], McLean County, Illinois2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
She married Alfred "Pete" Thompson5,12,13, Apr 4 18965,12,13 [about 18952,6,11], Danvers, McLean County, Illinois5,12,13. Alfred, son of Schuyler Thompson & Mary Elizabeth Knight11, was born Oct - 187111, Kentucky11 [near Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois12,13,14].
Oda Mae and Alfred were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 23 1900), living with Alfred's parents in Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:11
Thompson, Schyler, head-of-household, age 61, born Aug 1838 in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; married 39 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Thompson, Mary E., wife, age 55, born July 1844 in Missouri; father born in Vermont; mother born in Kentucky; married 39 years; 6 children, 3 living.
Thompson, Alfred, son, age 28, born Oct 1871 in Kentucky; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Missouri; married 5 years; occupation: farm laborer.
Thompson, Odie M., daughter [sic], age 26, born Mch 1874 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; married 5 years; no children.
Hill, Henry, laborer, age 25, born Mch 1875 in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; single; occupation: farm laborer.
It appears that Oda Mae and Alfred were divorced or separated before 1910.15 Alfred was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 21 1910), living/staying in a lodging house at 110 East Gray St., Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma:14
Thompson, Alfred, lodger, age 38, born in Illinois; parents born in Kentucky; single; occupation: horseman, importer.
Alfred died Apr - 1940.5
Oda Mae was shown in the 1910 census (May 3 1910), living with her parents on Madison St., Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois:9
Thompson, Otta, daughter, age 35, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first marriage, married 13 years; occupation: traveling [..unclear..] lady.
Oda Mae was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 17 1920), living with her parents in Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois:1
Hinshaw, Oda Mae, daughter, age 44, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; widow; occupation: none.
Oda Mae was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), living with her widowed mother in Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois:10
Hinshaw, Oda M., daughter, age 55, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; divorced; occupation: none.
In 1965 Oda Mae was living in Florida.7
Oda Mae Hinshaw died Jul 16 1965, Duval County, Florida; buried Park Lawn Cemetery, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois.4,6,7,8,16
Social Security information for Oda Mae Hinshaw: 328-20-0611
- 1920 census, Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois; roll T625-410, ED 170, page 12A, line #27, dwelling #91, family #94.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery,
Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Posting Feb 21 2007 by Jim Yoder () to ILMCLEAN-L, citing:
McLean County cemetery books; Park Lane Cemetery, Danvers Township.
- 1910 census, Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois; roll T624-328, ED 140, page 12A, line #44, dwelling #239, family #241.
- 1930 census, Mackinaw, Tazewell County, Illinois; roll T626-562, ED 22, page 6B, line #76, dwelling #179, family #180.
- 1900 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T623-322, ED 100, page 13A, line #1, dwelling #272, family #273.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jennifer Knight ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Toni Viertel ().
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma; roll T624-1245, ED 31, page 5B, line #76, dwelling #103, family #110.
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]