1. Jacob Marshall (c1665-1743) m Margaret Edwards (?-1739) 2.. Jacob Marshill (?-1729) m Ann Griffith (?-1730) 3... William Marshill (1724-1803) m Rebecca Dixson (1731-1803) 4.... Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836) +Thomas Hinshaw (?-1825)
|Rebecca Marshill     [ID 03028]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 5-16-1762, Orange County, North Carolina.2
She married Thomas Hinshaw, 10-14-1779, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.2
The Marshills and Hinshaws were apparently quite friendly.    Rebecca married Thomas, while her sister Ruth married Thomas' brother Ezra; Rebecca's other sister Deborah married Thomas' cousin Benjamin (yes all three Marshill sisters married Hinshaws); and finally, Rebecca's first cousin (once removed) Mary married Thomas' first cousin Jesse (Benjamin's brother) and Rebecca's first cousin Ruth married Thomas' second cousin Joseph.    All of these Hinshaw-Marshill marriages occured within the sixteen-year timespan of 1774-1790.
Thomas Hinshaw died 9-17-1825, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.2,28,30,93
After Thomas' death, at Cane Creek MM on 4-4-1829, Rebekah was granted a certificate, along with daughters Ruth and Rebekah, and son Thomas & family, to White River MM, Indiana.    Later that same year, son Simon and family, and son Ezra and family were also granted certificates to White River.2
At White River MM (Indiana) on 12-5-1829, Rebecca and daughters Rebecca & Ruth were received on a certificate from Cane Creek MM, endorsed to Springfield MM.49
Rebecca Marshill died 9-24-1836.28
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Thomas Hinshaw & Rebeckah Marshill Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
28. "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike, from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
30. "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families" by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS), microfiche #6019151.
49. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]