1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836) 8........ Ezra Hinshaw (1783-1838) +Phebe Hobson (1783-1838) 9......... Sarah Hinshaw (1808-1883) 9......... Reuben Hinshaw (1809-1877) 9......... Abijah Hinshaw (1812-1878) 9......... Rebecca Hinshaw (1813-1869) 9......... Lydia Hinshaw (1816-1850) 9......... Zimri Hinshaw (1818-1835) 9......... Selina Hinshaw (1819-1896) 9......... Nancy Hinshaw (1821-1864)
|Ezra Hinshaw     [ID 00082]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born 4-20-1783, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,93,205,217
He married Phebe Hobson, Jun 18 1807, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,44,48,93,183,205    Phebe, daughter of Charles Hobson & Sarah Beck, was born 2-11-1783, Chatham County, North Carolina.2,93,183,205,217
Note that Phebe's sister Rebecca Hobson married Ezra's brother Simon, and Phebe's brother Isaac Hobson married Ezra's aunt Emey Marshall.
Phebe was described as "fair with light blue eyes, and blonde hair, medium weight.    She was crippled from what we now know as infantile paralysis".a
On 2-3-1810, Ezra was disowned for "marriage out of unity" at the Cane Creek MM, N.C. (on the same day his brother Simon was also disowned).2
At Cane Creek MM on 11-7-1812, Ezra, along with wife Phebe, brother Simon and his wife Rebecca, and sister Hannah, were all "received by request".2
At the Cane Creek MM, on 8-1-1829, Ezra, Phebe & family were granted certificates to White Water MM, Indiana.    During that same year, Ezra's mother, Rebecca, sisters Ruth and Rebekah, brother Simon and family, and brother Thomas and family, were all granted certificates to White Water2 (perhaps because their father had died four years earlier).
At the Whitewater MM (Indiana) on 12-22-1830, Ezra, Phebe and children were received on certificates from Cane Creek MM, N.C.48
Ezra and family removed to Cass County, Michigan, in 183093 (1828).b
At Whitewater MM on 5-23-1838, Ezra & wife Phebe & family were granted certificates to Mississiniwa MM.48
At Mississinewa MM on 7-23-1838, Ezra, son Reuben, and wife Phebe & daughters Sarah, Rebecca, Lydia, Salina, Nancy & son Abijah, were received on certificates from White Water MM, Indiana.50
Ezra Hinshaw died Sep 15 1838, Young's Prarie, Cass County, Michigan; age 55 years 5 months; buried Young's Prarie Cemetery, Cass County, Michigan.229    (Sep 13 1838).93,183,205
Phebe died Sep 18 1838, Young's Prarie, Cass County, Michigan; age 55 years 7 months; buried Young's Prarie Cemetery, Cass County, Michigan.229,93,183,205
Photo: Ezra Hinshaw family record Cane Creek MM Records 217
Photo: Gravestone: Ezra Hinshaw Young's Prarie Cemetery, Cass County, Michigan 229
Photo: Gravestone: Phebe Hobson Hinshaw Young's Prarie Cemetery, Cass County, Michigan 229
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
48. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 1, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
50. "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 3, subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII", (a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
229. Family group sheets and family photos contributed by Marlene Johnson ()
(a) "Hobson, the Descendants of George and Elizabeth Hobson" by Earl H. Davis
privately published, 1957; citing: Mrs. Jennie Stamp of Rochdale, Indiana.
(b) Biographical sketch of C. Carroll Nelson; "The History of Cass County"; USGenWeb Archives:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]