1. Jacob Marshall (c1665-1743) m Margaret Edwards (?-1739)
2.. Jacob Marshill (?-1729) m Ann Griffith (?-1730)
3... William Marshill (1724-1803) m Rebecca Dixson (1731-1803)
4.... Ruth Marshill (1759-1857)
+Ezra Hinshaw (1753-1836)
Ruth Marshill [ID 03027]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 10-6-1759, Orange County, North Carolina.1
She married Ezra Hinshaw, 2-19-1778, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.1 Ezra Hinshaw, son of William Hinshaw & Sarah Courtney, was born 1-23-1753, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.1,2,3,4,5
Ezra Hinshaw died 11-26-1836, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.1,3,4,5,6
Widow Ruth is shown in the 1850 census, Randolph County, North Carolina, living with her two grown spinster daughters:7
Ruth Hinshaw, age 91, born in North Carolina.
Ruth Marshill died 4-19-1857, Cane Creek MM, Randolph County, North Carolina; buried Apr 21 1857, Providence Friends PM Cemetery, Providence Township, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,4,5,6,8,9
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Ezra Hinshaw & Ruth Marshill Cane Creek MM marriage records
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- Registered Application Papers from the National Society of the Daughters
of the American Revolution (DAR), submitted
by Joyce Loretta Caroline (Hinshaw) Berry of British Columbia, Canada.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
- 1850 census, Northern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll 641, page 231, dwelling #991.
- "Hinshaw Chart and List" (1/1/68) by Ralph Edward Pike,
from "Family Records of Morgan Co., Ind.", Public
Library of Mooresville, Morgan Co., Indiana (LDS microfilm 1509501).
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]