1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1757-1825) m Rebecca Marshill (1762-1836)
8........ Simon Hinshaw (1785-1852) m Rebecca Hobson (1784-1855)
9......... Nathan Hinshaw (1831-1895) m Sarah Elizabeth (Ayers) Warrick (1846-1880)
10.......... Earnest Warren Hinshaw (1879-1943)
+Adeline Dixon (1879-1962)
Earnest Warren Hinshaw [ID 00470]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Earnest Warren Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Warren E. Henshaw6].
Born Oct 1 1879, Colfax, McLean County, Illinois.1,4,5,6,7,8,9 Earnest and Emory were twins.2,3,8
Ernest was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 2 1900), living in the household of brother Artie at 1613 First Street, Dixon, Lee County, Illinois:9
Hinshaw, Ernest, brother, age 20, born Oct 1879 in Illinois; father born in Illinois; mother born in Ohio; student, attended school 12 months.
He married Adeline Dixon5 [Addie Dixon10, Adline Dixon11], Oct 11 19115, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois5. Adeline, daughter of Springer Dixon & Mary Anne Sampey, was born Mar 4 1879, Illinois.5,6,10,11,12
Warren and Adeline were shown in the 1920 census, Manhattan, New York, New York:6
Henshaw, Warren E., head-of-household, age 40, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; salesman.
Henshaw, Adeline, wife, age 40, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
Warren and Adeline were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), 609 Hillsborough, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida:13
Hinshaw, E. Warren, head-of-household, age 49, born in Illinois; parents born in Kentucky; first married at age 20; rented home ($25 rent); radio in home; salesman, [..unclear..] stocks; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Adeline D., wife, age 49, born in Illinois; parents born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 20.
On Apr 27 1942 Ernest Warren Hinshaw, age 62, registered for the World War II draft in Peoria, Illinois. He declared he was born Oct 1 1879 in McLean County, Illinois, and was then residing at 212 Alice Street in Peoria, employed by Southside Realty Co. of 2119 S. Adams St., Peoria. He declared his relative/contact was Mrs. Adeline Hinshaw of 212 Alice St. He was recorded as 5' 8 1/2" tall, 140 lbs., brown eyes, gray hair, light complexion.14
Earnest lived in Fairbury, Illinois.1,2 He also lived at 212 Alice St., Peoria, Illinois,4,7 where he was a real estate salesman.4
Earnest Warren Hinshaw died Oct 16 1943, Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois; age 64.4
Adeline died Nov 22 1962, Los Angeles County, California; age 83.12 Addie was a widow when she died.10 Her body was shipped Nov 25 1962 to be buried in Graceland Cemetery, Fairbury, Illinois.10
Social Security information for Earnest Warren Hinshaw: 328-07-1048
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Family group sheets and newspaper clippings contributed by Bill Hewitt ().
- Biographical sketch of Nathan Hinshaw.
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Cook County, Illinois, Marriages Index, 1871-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T625-1205, ED 847, page 6A, line #48, family #166.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1880 census, Anchor Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T9-0231, ED 186, page 652B, line #43, dwelling #122, family #122.
- 1900 census, 3rd Ward, Dixon, Lee County, Illinois; ED 59, page 156A, line #13, dwelling #34, family #45.
- Contribution from Frances Sampey Deak ().
- 1880 LDS census index, Forrest, Livingston County, Illinois; roll T9-0226, page 303B.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1930 census, Ward 11, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida; roll T626-319, ED 96, page 12A, line #9, dwelling #268, family #287.
- U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]