1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... Harry Henshaw m Julia Ann Risley (1821-1900)
5..... Granville Henshaw (c1842-1889)
+Julia Ann Snowden (c1842-?)
6...... William R. Henshaw (1866-?) 1,2
6...... George Henshaw (c1876-?) 2
Granville Henshaw [ID 05166]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Granville Henshaw3 [Granville Hinshaw4, Granville Hanshaw2, Grandville Henshaw5].
Born about 18426,7,8 [about 18411, about 18402], Ohio6,7,8.
Granville was shown in the 1850 census, living with his grandparents Harry and Minerva Henshaw in Cannan Township, Athens County, Ohio:7
Granville Henshaw, age 8, born in Ohio; attended school.
Granville was again shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), living in the household of his stepfather Andrew C. Cagg and mother Julia Risley Henshaw Cagg in Athens County, Ohio:8
Granville Henshaw, age 18, born in Ohio; attended school; farm laborer.
He married Julia Ann Snowden, Dec 18 1861, Athens County, Ohio.4 Julia was born about 18421 [about 18402], Ohio1.
Granville and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jun 17 1870), Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio:1
Henshaw, Granville, age 29, born in Ohio; farm laborer.
Henshaw, Julia A., age 28, born in Ohio; keeping house.
Also living in Athens County, Ohio in 1870 was the family of brother Morris.9
Granville and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 11 1880), York Township, Athens County, Ohio:2
Hanshaw, Granville, age 40, born in Ohio; parents born in Virginia; farm hand.
Hanshaw, Julia, wife, age 40, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; keeps house.
Granville Henshaw died May 5 1889, Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio.3,10 Medical: Granville died from heart disease.3
A C.W. Lee was paid $35.00 for the burial of Granville Hanshaw.11
- 1870 census, Lee P.O., Alexander Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll M593-1171, page 15, line #13, dwelling #225, family #231.
- 1880 census, York Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll T9-0993, ED 15, page 260B, line #25, dwelling #174, family #203.
- Contribution from Debbie Hodge ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- Riggenbach database: http://www.riggenbach.org.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing: 1850 census.
- 1850 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 36A, line #19, dwelling #484, family #500.
- 1860 census, Marshfield P.O., Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 29B, line #12, dwelling #26, family #26.
- 1870 census, Athens P.O., Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll M593-1171, page 71, line #35, dwelling #454, family #499.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing: Athens County, Ohio vital records.
- Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio), Dec 19 1889; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]