1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?)
+Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... Harry Henshaw 1,2
4.... Nathan G. Henshaw (1816-1850) 2
4.... William Henshaw (c1821-<1870) 2
4.... Jefferson Henshaw (1824-1909) 2,3,4
4.... Fidelia Henshaw (c1825-?) 2
4.... Sarah Henshaw (1827-?) 2
4.... Urina Henshaw (c1831-?) 2
4.... Fanny M. Henshaw (c1832-?) 2,3
Harry Henshaw [ID 04844]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jun 13 1792, Vermont.3,5
Christened Apr 3 1805 at First Presbyterian Church at Genoa, Cayuga County, New York.5
He married Minerva Fuller, about 1815, New York.3,6 Minerva was born about 1792, New York.3
Harry and family were shown in the 1820 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio:7
Harry Henshaw household:
2 males under age 10.
1 male age 26-45 [Harry].
1 female age 26-45 [Minerva].
1 person engaged in agriculture.
Also living in Athens County, Ohio in 1820 was the family of brother Nathaniel.7
Harry was one of the first settlers in/near Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio - his name was shown on a subscription list to the Hocking Bridge, Jan 1 1827.8
Harry and family were shown in the 1830 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio:9
Harry Henshaw household:
2 males age 5-10.
2 males age 10-15.
1 male age 30-40 [Harry].
1 female under age 5.
1 female age 30-40 [Minerva].
Also living in Athens County, Ohio in 1830 was the family of brother Nathaniel.9
Harry and family were shown in the 1840 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio:10
Harry Henshaw household:
2 males age 15-20.
1 male age 20-30.
1 male age 40-50 [Harry].
1 female age 5-10.
1 female age 10-15.
1 female age 40-50 [Minerva].
On Apr 3 1844, Harry Henshaw and his wife conveyed 83.034 acres of land in Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio to a David Williams; after the death of David Williams his land was sold in a sheriff's auction on June 29, 1875. This land adjoined a parcel owned by a Manuel Henshaw11,12,13 (probably Harry's brother Gilbert Manuel Henshaw).14
Harry and family were shown in the 1850 census, Cannan Township, Athens County, Ohio:3
Harry Henshaw, age 58, born in Vermont; farmer.
Minerva Henshaw, age 58, born in New York.
Living next door in 1850 was the household of daughter Urina.15
Minerva, apparently widowed, was shown in the 1860 census, Cass Township, Wapello County, Iowa, living in the household of daughter Urina:16
Augustus F. Durat, age 34, born in New York; carpenter; $95 personal property.
Urania Durat, age 30, born in Ohio.
Charles Durat, age 6, born in Ohio; attended school.
William Durat, age 4, born in Iowa.
Manervia Henshaw, age 60, born in New York,
Living next door was the family of son Jefferson.17
Note that the children shown here are somewhat speculatively connected with this family. These children all have records in Athens County, Ohio in this same time period and are believed to be children of this marriage, but no substantial corroborating evidence has yet been found.
Also, the family of brother Nathaniel G. Henshaw was shown in the 1830 census, Athens County, Ohio. Some or all of the children currently thought to be the children of Harry might actually be brother Nathaniel's children.14
See also: Daniel Henshaw #9247 who in 1860 was living very nearby to Minerva, daughter Urina and son Jefferson. Daniel is very possibly another son of this family.14
- Contribution from Debbie Hodge ().
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 36A, line #19, dwelling #484, family #500.
- LDS IGI, citing: Church records, 1800-1853; First Presbyterian Church (Genoa, New York).
- LDS IGI, citing: member submission.
- 1820 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll M33-86, page 116.
- The History of Athens County by Charles M. Walker; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1830 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll 126, page 204.
- 1840 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll 377, page 317.
- Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio), Jun 3 1875; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio), Jun 10 1875; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Athens Messenger and Herald (Athens, Ohio), Jun 24 1875; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 36A, line #24, dwelling #485, family #501.
- 1860 census, Cass Township, Wapello County, Iowa; page 591, line #4, dwelling #16, family #16.
- 1860 census, Cass Township, Wapello County, Iowa; page 591, line #9, dwelling #17, family #17.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]