1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Nathaniel Henshaw (1769-1838) m Mary Redmond (c1770-1814)
3... Harry Henshaw (1792-?) m Minerva Fuller (c1792-?)
4.... Harry Henshaw
+Julia Ann Risley (1821-1900)
5..... Julia Ann Henshaw 1
5..... James J. Henshaw (1842-1919) 1,2,3,4
5..... Granville Henshaw (c1842-1889) 1,2,3
5..... Morris Oliver Henshaw (1845-1916) 1,2,3
5..... Edward P. Henshaw (c1848-1864) 1,2,3
Harry Henshaw [ID 05163]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
He married Julia Ann Risley, Mar 11 1841, Athens, Athens County, Ohio.1,2,5,6,7,8 Julia, daughter of Samuel Risley & Stacy Oliver, was born Jan 7 1821, Dowler Ridge, Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio.1,2,6,9,10,11,12
Harry might have died before 1850, or perhaps Harry and Julia were divorced, as Harry was not shown with the family in the 1850 census.
Julia A. Henshaw was shown in the 1850 census, living in the household of a Samuel Laughlin:9
Samuel Laughlin, age 30, born in Pennsylvania; farmer.
Nancy Laughlin, age 32, born in Pennsylvania.
[... children John, Hugh and Temperance Laughlin ...]
Julia A. Henshaw, age 28, born in Ohio.
Living two houses away was two year old son Edward who had been placed (was living with) a James Risley family13 (possibly Julia's brother).14 Also living nearby was four year old son Morris, living with the family of a Reason Risley15 (possibly another brother).14 Son Granville had been placed with (was living with) his grandparents, Harry and Minerva Henshaw.16
The 1850 census also shows living in Athens County were Harry's parents16 and his brother William.17
Julia remarried Apr 24 1851, Athens County, Ohio1,5,6,18 to Andrew C. Cagg1,19 (1823-1865),6 and had additional children:6,10,11,12,19
Absepha Ann (Algephia Anna) Cagg, born Jun 18 1852; died May 3 1928, Nelsonville, Ohio; married 1874, Thomas Huddy.
George F. Cagg, born Aug 20 1856.
Emma Jane Cagg, born Jan 11 1859.
Ellen Nora Cagg [twin], born Oct 12 1862.
[baby boy] Cagg [twin], born Oct 12 1862; died about Oct 1862.
Julia and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jul 27 1860), Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio:10
Andrew C. Cagg, age 37, born in Pennsylvania; farmer; $162 personal property.
Julia A. Cagg, age 39, born in Ohio.
Alpha A. Cagg, age 8, born in Ohio; attended school.
Geo F. Cagg, age 3, born in Ohio.
Emma J. Cagg, age 1, born in Ohio.
Andrew Cagg died Jan 7 1865, Florence, South Carolina.6,11,12
Widow Julia and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 14 1870), Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio:11
Cagg, Julia, age 49, born in Ohio; keeping house; $600 real estate; $200 personal property.
Cagg, George F., age 13, born in Ohio; attended school.
Cagg, Emma J., age 11, born in Ohio; attended school.
Cagg, Elenora, age 7, born in Ohio; attended school.
Widow Julia and daughter were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 1880), Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio:12
Cagg, Julia A., age 59, born in Ohio; father born in Connecticut; mother born in Virginia; widow; keeping house.
Cagg, Ellen N., daughter, age 17, born in Ohio; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in Ohio.
, serv't, age 11, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Julia died Apr 27 1900, Nelsonville, Athens County, Ohio.1,2
- Allen Hackney database: http://members.aol.com/athgen/hackney.
- Riggenbach database: http://www.riggenbach.org.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Burials in Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati, Ohio:
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ohio.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by ().
- Marriage Index: Selected Counties of Ohio, 1789-1850; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- LDS IGI, citing: Marriage records, 1817-1951, Ohio, Probate Court (Athens County).
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 25B, line #37, dwelling #335, family #347.
- 1860 census, Marshfield P.O., Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 29B, line #12, dwelling #26, family #26.
- 1870 census, Lee P.O., Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll M593-1171, page 265, line #6, dwelling #259, family #260.
- 1880 census, Waterloo Township, Athens County, Ohio; roll T9-0993, ED 14, page 238D, line #13, dwelling #173, family #174.
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 26A, line #8, dwelling #337, family #349.
- 1850 census, Athens Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 32A, line #5, dwelling #420, family #434.
- 1850 census, Canaan Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 36A, line #19, dwelling #484, family #500.
- 1850 census, Rome Township, Athens County, Ohio; page 105B, line #40, dwelling #1495, family #1512.
- Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Debbie Hodge ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]