1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. William Henshaw (1736-1799) m Agnes Ann Anderson (c1745-<1806)
3... Jonathan Seman Henshaw (1773-?) m Elizabeth Stafford
4.... George Henshaw (1795-1882) m Sarah "Sally" Pool (1806-1855)
5..... William B. Henshaw (1831-1898) m Catherine Young (1842-1926)
6...... George Memmel Henshaw (1867-1895)
+Louise Florence Bingham (1870-1957)
7....... Lester C. Henshaw (1893-1990) 1,2,3,4
George Memmel Henshaw [ID 05390]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Apr 20 1867, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky.1,3,5,6,7
He married Louise Florence Bingham, Jan 20 1892, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky.1,3,8 Louise, daughter of Silas Henry Bingham & Marguerite Ellen Gardner, was born Feb 16 1870, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky.1,4,8
George Memmel Henshaw died Jan 29 1895, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; buried Saint Ambrose Cemetery, Henshaw, Union County, Kentucky.1,3,7,8
After George died (just 3 years and 4 days after they were married), Louise never remarried and wore only black for years and years after his death.2
Widow Louise and son were shown in the 1910 census (May 15 1910), Morganfield-Sturgis Road, Union County, Kentucky:4
Henshaw, Louis F., head-of-household, age 40, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; widow; occupation: none; owned home (free).
Henshaw, George C.
, son, age 17, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; attended school.
Henshaw, Bettie, lodger, age 31, born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; single; attended school.
Widow Louise was shown in the 1920 census (Mar 29 1920), living in the household of son George (Lester) in Union County, Kentucky:9
Henshaw, Louise F., mother, age 50 [unclear], born in Kentucky; parents born in Kentucky; widow.
Louise died Jul 3 1957, Owensboro, Davies County, Kentucky.1,3
Photo: George Memmel Henshaw gravestone Saint Ambrose Cemetery
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- Contribution from Emily Jo (Thomas) Lyon.
- Contribution from Marilyn Henshaw Woodhall.
- 1910 census, Morganfield Magisterial District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T624-504, ED 112, page 1A, line #25, dwelling #5, family #5.
- 1870 census, Caseyville P.O., Shilo District, Union County, Kentucky; roll M593-501, page 371, line #16, dwelling #99, family #100.
- 1880 census, Shiloh District, Union County, Kentucky; roll T9-0444, ED 39, page 675C, line #43, dwelling #20, family #20.
- "The Bingham family in the United States"; 1927, Theodore A. Bingham, M.A.
- 1920 census, Magisterial District 1, Union County, Kentucky; roll T625-600, ED 120, page 11B, line #75, dwelling #139, family #139.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]