1. Samuel Henshaw (c1661-c1719) m Keziah Pell (c1670->1721)
2.. Samuel Henshaw (?-c1758) m Martha Noell (c1689-?)
3... John Henshaw (c1728-1790) m Rachel Lee Boulware (c1730-1794)
4.... Charles Lee Henshaw (c1776-1829) m Elizabeth Gatewood (c1770-1826)
5..... George W. Henshaw (c1808-<1850) m Susan S. Chenault (c1815-?)
6...... Chaney Henshaw (c1848-?)
+Willie Ann Heath (c1852-?)
7....... Betty Henshaw (c1879-?) 1,2
7....... William George Henshaw (1881-?) 2,3
7....... Lee Garnett Henshaw (1882-1959) 2
7....... Sylvia Hinshaw (1885-?) 2,4
Chaney Henshaw [ID 06840]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Chaney Henshaw2 [Chainey Henshaw5, Chana Henshaw6, Chana Henchaw1, Chanal Henshaw7, Chance Henshaw8, Chauncy Henshaw8,9].
Born about 1848, Virginia.6,7 (c1850).5 (c1855).1
He married Willie Ann Heath8 [Wilberton Heath10, Ann Heath1]. Willie, daughter of William + Jenett Heath, was born about 1852, Virginia.1,10
Chauncy and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 16 1880), Mangohick District, King William County, Virginia:1
Henchaw, Chena, mulatto, age 25, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; farmer.
Henchaw, Ann W., mulatto, age 28, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia; keeping house; cannot read or write.
, mulatto, age 1, born in Virginia; parents born in Virginia.
In the King William County, Virginia courthouse is the will of Willie Ann Heath, wife of Chaney Henshaw, leaving items to her children, Lee, George, Betty and Susan.2
- 1880 census, Mangohick District, King William County, Virginia; roll T9-1375, ED 41, page 53A, line #7, dwelling #283, family #290.
- Contribution from Ken ().
- William George Henshaw marriage record.
- 1900 census, Acquinton District, King William County, Virginia; roll T623-1714, ED 39, page 12B, line #94, dwelling #212, family #213.
- 1870 census, Little Plymouth P.O., Newtown Township, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M593-1657, page 435, line #21, dwelling #337, family #347.
- 1850 census, Drysdale Parish, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M432-954, page 198, line #7, dwelling #820, family #820.
- Contribution from Melissa Smith Kennedy ().
- Contribution from Jane Bennett ().
- Contribution from Charles Ruffin Henshaw Jr..
- 1870 census, West Point P.O., Acquinton District, King William County, Virginia; roll M593-1658, page 91, line #19, dwelling #228, family #228.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]