1. Samuel Henshaw (c1661-c1719) m Keziah Pell (c1670->1721)
2.. Samuel Henshaw (?-c1758) m Martha Noell (c1689-?)
3... John Henshaw (c1728-1790) m Rachel Lee Boulware (c1730-1794)
4.... Charles Lee Henshaw (c1776-1829) m Elizabeth Gatewood (c1770-1826)
5..... George W. Henshaw (c1808-<1850)
+Susan S. Chenault (c1815-?)
6...... Eugene Henshaw (1832-1915) 1,2,3,4,5
6...... Mary Elizabeth Henshaw (1837-1904) 1,2,3,4,6
6...... George M. Henshaw (1839-c1863) 1,2,3,4
6...... Chaney Henshaw (c1848-?) 1,2,3,4,7
George W. Henshaw [ID 06836]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
George W. Henshaw1,2,3 [George W. Hencher8].
Born about 1808, Caroline County, Virginia.1,2,3
He married Susan S. Chenault1,2,8 [Susan Chenalt8], Jan 6 18321,2,8, Caroline County, Virginia1,2,8. (Three Caroline County, Virginia marriage records: Jan 3 1832, Jan 6 1832, and Dec 25 1832!).8 Susan, daughter of Stephen + Mary Chenault, was born about 1815, Caroline County, Virginia.1,2,4,6 (c1811).7
George W. Henshaw died before 1850.1,2
Widow Susan and family were shown in the 1850 census, Drysdale Parish, King and Queen County, Virginia:4
Mrs. Susan Henshaw, age 35, born in Virginia.
Stephen Chenault, age 86, born in Virginia.
Apparently no slaves (Susan not listed in the 1850 Slave Schedule).
Widow Susan and son Chaney were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 19 1870), Newtown Township, King and Queen County, Virginia:7
Henshaw, Susan, white, age 59, born in Virginia; keeping house.
, mulatto, age 20, born in Virginia; works on farm; cannot read or write.
- Contribution from Melissa Smith Kennedy ().
- Contribution from Charles Ruffin Henshaw Jr..
- Contribution from Jane Bennett ().
- 1850 census, Drysdale Parish, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M432-954, page 198, line #7, dwelling #820, family #820.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Charles Ruffin Henshaw Jr..
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1870 census, Little Plymouth P.O., Newtown Township, King and Queen County, Virginia; roll M593-1657, page 435, line #21, dwelling #337, family #347.
- "Virginia Marriage Index, 1740-1850", Ancestry, Inc.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]