1. Johnathan Hinshaw (c1801-?) m Lydia - (c1805-?)
2.. Ellis Hinshaw (c1827-?)
+Sarah M. Elgin (c1834-?)
3... Luella Henshaw (c1857-?) 1
3... Susan Henshaw (c1859-?) 1
Ellis Hinshaw [ID 08072]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Ellis Hinshaw2 [Ellis Henshaw3,4,5,6,7, Eli Henshaw1].
Born about 1827, North Carolina.3,7 (c1830).1
He married Sarah M. Elgin, Mar 23 1856, Platte County, Missouri.4,5,6,8 Sarah, daughter of Paul Elgin & Lavina Harris, was born about 1834, Missouri.1,8,9
Ellis and family were shown in the 1860 census, Pettis Township, Platte County, Missouri:1
Eli Henshaw, age 30, born in North Carolina; farming; $3000 real estate; $900 personal property.
Sarah Henshaw, age 26, born in North Carolina.
Living next door in 1860 was the family of brother Freeman.10 Living two houses away in 1860 was the family of Sarah's parents, Paul & Lavina Elgin,1
In October 1863 Ellis registered for the Civil War draft in the Sixth Congressional District, Pettis, Platte County, Missouri:7
Henshaw, Ellis, age 35, born in North Carolina; farmer; no previous military experience.
On Oct 17 1863 Ellis Hinshaw enlisted at Platte City, Missouri as a private in Company B, 82nd Regiment (Captain Simpson), Missouri Militia (Union). He was discharged Apr 21 1864, having served 187 days.11 His brothers Freeman and Nathan enlisted and were discharged on the same dates from the same unit.11
See also: Ellis Henshaw #8086 who was about the same age.
- 1860 census, Pettis Township, Platte County, Missouri; page 676, line #11, dwelling #1169, family #1143.
- 1850 census, Pettis Township, Platte County, Missouri; page 444; LDS microfilm.
- "1850 Census Platte County, Missouri", Part II, by Elizabeth Prather Ellsberry
(an abstract of the 1850 census); household #310; GR929.3778 E47 in a local library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Missouri.
- "Missouri Marriages 1851-1900" (www.ancestry.com).
- "Missouri, 1851-1900 Marriage Index".
- U.S., Civil War Draft Registrations Records, 1863-1865; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Elgin Net": http://www.elgins.com/johnbranch.html.
- 1850 census, Pettis Township, Platte County, Missouri; roll M432-410, page 430, line #22, dwelling #94.
- 1860 census, Pettis Township, Platte County, Missouri; page 676, line #15, dwelling #1170, family #1144.
- Missouri Secretary of State, State Archives, Soldiers Database:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]