┌── Absolom Hinshaw │ 1728-? ┌── Absolom Hinshaw ────┤ │ 1752-1830 │ │ └── Rebecca Haddock │ Elizabeth Hinshaw ───┤ B: 1782 │ ┌── Jacob Hinshaw D: 1857 │ │ └── Elizabeth Hinshaw ──┤ c1753-1833 │ └── Rebecca Mackey M: William Cox
|Elizabeth Hinshaw [ID 00239]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 1-13-1782, North Carolina.2,95,a
She married William Cox, 7-10-1817, Holly Spring Meeting House, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,44,217 William, son of Thomas Cox & Sarah Davis, was born 5-27-1770, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,b,a
Elizabeth was William's second wife (his first wife, Lydia Branson, had died on February 9, 1816).2,95 Note that Elizabeth's niece Abigail Hinshaw married William's brother Neri Cox.
At Cane Creek MM on 3-7-1818, William and Elizabeth were granted a certificate to White Water MM, Indiana.95
William died Apr 28 1856, Holly Spring MM, Randolph County, North Carolina.d,b
Elizabeth Hinshaw died Feb 17 1857.95,d
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Elizabeth Hinshaw & William Cox Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
95. "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H. Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 129B, line #25, dwelling #716, family #725.
(b) Posting on the Hinshaw GenForum, Apr 19 1998 by Susan Muglich ():
(c) 1850 census, Southern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M432-641, page 129B, line #23, dwelling #715, family #724.
(d) Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer citing:
Jane Walls Wilson, Bainbridge, Ohio, in part from family group sheets
in the possession of Almeda Grace Hinshaw Rinehart, Middletown, Ohio,
brought to a Hinshaw family reunion in the late 1980s.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer ▾ more...
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]