┌── William Hinshaw
┌── William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1759-1807 │
│ └── Sarah Courtney
Margaret Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1802 │ ┌── William Hunt
D: 1871 │ │
└── Margaret Hunt ────┤
└── Sarah Mills
M: George W. Tabler
└── Sarah C. Tabler (1827-1916) 1
Margaret Hinshaw [ID 00299]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Margaret Hinshaw2,3,4 [Peggy Hinshaw4,5, Margaret Henshaw6, Peggy Henshaw6,7,8,9].
Born 2-17-1802, Lost Creek MM, Jefferson County, Tennessee.2,6,10
She married George W. Tabler2,5,6,8,9,10 [George W. Tobler6,7], May 13 18222,5,6,8,9,10, Knox County, Tennessee2,5,6,8,9,10. George, son of Michael Tabler.3
At Lost Creek MM on 8-31-1822, "Margaret Tabler (formerly Hinshaw)" was disowned for her "marriage contrary to discipline".2
Calvin Tabler, born about 1830.
Allriah Tabler, born about 1832.
John Tabler, born about 1837.
Amanda Tabler, born about 1842.
Martha Elizabeth Tabler, born Jan 25 1843, Jefferson County, Tennessee; married Hiram Mitchell Vineyard.
Ephraim Tabler, born about 1846.
A George Tabler (probably this same George Tabler) is shown in the 1830 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee (page 322), as follows:13,14
2 males age 20-30 (George plus unknown)
1 male under age 5
1 female age 20-30 (Margaret)
1 female under age 5 (Sarah
1 female age 5-10
George W. Tabler is again shown in the 1840 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee (page 309), as follows:15
George W. Tabler:
1 white male age 40-50 (George)
2 white males age 5-10
1 white male under age 5
1 white female age 30-40 (Margaret)
1 white female age 10-15 (Sarah
1 white female under age 5
George W. Tabler and family are again shown in the 1850 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee (page 438A), as follows:11
George Tabler, age 51, born in Tennessee; farmer; $1400 real estate.
Margaret Tabler, age 48, born in Tennessee.
Calvin Tabler, male, age 20, born in Tennessee; laborer.
Allriah Tabler, male, age 18, born in Tennessee.
John Tabler, male, age 13, born in Tennessee; attended school.
Amanda Tabler, female, age 8, born in Tennessee; attended school.
Martha Tabler, female, age 6, born in Tennessee; attended school.
Ephraim Tabler, male, age 4, born in Tennessee.
Margaret Hinshaw died Mar 31 1871.3
- "East Tennessee Roots", Volume I, Issue 3, September, 1984;
Tennessee Valley Publications.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- Contribution from Dee March ().
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- "Tennessee Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
- "Early East Tennessee Marriages", Sistler, 1987.
- Knox County, Tennessee - Marriages; USGenWeb Archives.
- "Our Ancestry" - Family Records of Members of Blount County, Tennessee,
Genealogical & Historical Society, 1988, in the Tennessee State
Library and Archives. Contributed by Robert Worley.
- 1850 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee; page 438A, dwelling #1564; USGenWeb Archives.
- Contribution from Christine Vineyard Schreiber ().
- 1830 census index, Jefferson County, Tennessee; page 322.
- 1830 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee; page 322, line #1193; USGenWeb Archives.
- 1840 census, Jefferson County, Tennessee; page 309, line #760; USGenWeb Archives.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]