+-- Thomas Hinshaw | 1757-1825 +-- Simon Hinshaw ---+ | 1785-1852 | | +-- Rebecca Marshill | 1762-1836 Charles Hinshaw --------+ B: 1814 | +-- Charles Hobson D: 1849 | | +-- Rebecca Hobson --+ 1784-1855 | +-- Sarah Beck M: Mary Susan Haybarger +-- Mary Becky Hinshaw, 1844-1909 +-- Abraham Jay Hinshaw, 1845-1916 +-- Charles Carr Hinshaw, 1849-1921
|Charles Hinshaw     [ID 00030]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 3-22-1814, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,33,44,87,93,127,217
He married Mary Susan Haybarger, Nov 4 1841, McLean County, Illinois.1,46,61,62,87,88,91,93,101,127,a,b,c    (Susan M. Haybarger)33    (Mary Ann Haybarger)61,87    Mary, daughter of Abraham (Abram) Haybarger & Mary Crowbarger, was born Jan 12 1824, Augusta County, Virginia.1,33,87,82,101
Charles politically was a Whig supporter.    He was a Quaker, and Mary was a Methodist.    Note his children were apparently influenced in religion by Mary, and this may have been the last Quaker generation of this line, as his son Abraham was a practicing Methodist.87
Charles Hinshaw died Jan 11 1849, McLean County, Illinois; buried in the Hinshaw Cemetery, near Danvers, McLean County, Illinois.1    Charles' gravestone reads "died Jan. 11, 1849 Aged 34 Y. 9M & 20D".33,82,87
Widow Mary and family were shown in the 1850 census, Stout's Grove Township, McLean County, Illinois, as follows:85,101
Mary remarried on Mar 16 1851 to Benjamin Ayers, McLean County, Illinois.d,e
Mary was once again widowed.    Widow Mary Haybarger Hinshaw Ayers was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4 1880), Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:f
Mary died Mar 26 1883, McLean County, Illinois; buried in the Hinshaw Cemetery, near Danvers, McLean County, Illinois.1,33    Her gravestone reads "died Mar. 26, 1883 Aged 59 yrs 2 mos & 14 dys".82,87
Susan's parents and three siblings are also buried in the Hinshaw Cemetery.82
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
33. Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery, Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
46. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
61. "Land Grants, Marriage, Church & Family Records of McLean County, Ill.", in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0897324, item 1.
62. "Custer's McLean County", by Milo Custer, in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0897324, item 5.
82. "McLean County Cemeteries", Vol. 11-2, Danvers Township, by the Bloomington-Normal Genealogical Society (McLean County Historical Soc.).
85. United States National Archives, federal Census, 1850.
87. "History of McLean County", F547 M16 B3 in the Sutro Library, S.F.
88. "McLean County Marriages, 1831-1841", by Milo T. Custer, F547 M16 C87 in the Sutro Genealogical Library in San Francisco.
91. Letters from Warren Gfeller, Wichita, KS (re George/Polly Toliver).
93. "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting, Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
101. "1850 Federal Census, McLean County, Illinois" (a summary), GR929.377359 G38 in a local library.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) "Illinois Marriages to 1850" (www.ancestry.com).
(b) Contribution from Mara Bruce () citing:
"McLean Co. Marriage Records 1831 - 1872", Book B, page 29.
(c) Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900:
(d) Contribution from Mara Bruce () citing:
McLean County, Illinois marriages, Marriage Card Catalog in the
McLean County Letitia Green Stevenson Genealogical Society Library,
McLean County Historical Society; Book C page 8.
(e) Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book C, page 8):
(f) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 8, line #41, dwelling #61, family #62.
(g) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 8, line #36, dwelling #60, family #61.
(h) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 9, line #1, dwelling #63, family #64.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]