+-- Simon Hinshaw | 1785-1852 +-- Charles Hinshaw -------+ | 1814-1849 | | +-- Rebecca Hobson | 1784-1855 Abraham Jay Hinshaw ---+ B: 1845 | +-- Abraham (Abram) Haybarger D: 1916 | | +-- Mary Susan Haybarger --+ 1824-1883 | +-- Mary Crowbarger M: Cyllene J. Harris +-- Charles Bernard Hinshaw, 1872-1925 +-- Ollis David Hinshaw, 1875-1923 +-- Belle C. Hinshaw, 1876-? +-- Harriett Sue Hinshaw, 1878-? +-- Lettie May Hinshaw, 1881-? +-- Mary Ethel Hinshaw, 1883-?
|Abraham Jay Hinshaw     [ID 00438]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Abraham Jay Hinshaw)1    (Abraham Jehu Hinshaw)87
Born Jul 28 1845, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois.1,33,46,86,87,101,127,a
He married Cyllene J. Harris, Dec 29 1870.1,46,87,127    (Cyllene S. Harris)86    (Cyllena Harris)b    Cyllene, daughter of Rev. William B. Harris & Harriet Paseley, was born Aug 1 1844, Logan County, Kentucky.205,1,33,86,87,127
Abraham was a farmer near Danvers, McLean County, Illinois.1
Abraham was politically a Republican supporter.    He served 12 years as a school Trustee.    He was a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church (note first generation in this line to leave the Quakers - his father was a Quaker, but his mother was a Methodist).87
Abraham and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 5 1880), Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:b
Cyllene died May 6 1900, buried Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.1,33,86,87,127
Widower Abraham Hinshaw and family were again shown in the 1900 census (Jun 22 1900), Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois:a
Photo: Abraham Jay Hinshaw f
Photo: Cyllene J. Harris f
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
33. Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery, Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
46. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Illinois.
86. "Cemetery Records, McLean County, Illinois and Vicinity", F547 M16 H35 in the Sutro Genealogy Library in San Francisco.
87. "History of McLean County", F547 M16 B3 in the Sutro Library, S.F.
101. "1850 Federal Census, McLean County, Illinois" (a summary), GR929.377359 G38 in a local library.
127. Family group sheets from Randy Hunter ()
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1900 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 100, page 5B, line #69, dwelling #265, family #266.
(b) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 9, line #1, dwelling #63, family #64.
(c) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 8, line #36, dwelling #60, family #61.
(d) 1880 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 154, page 8, line #41, dwelling #61, family #62.
(e) 1910 census, Danvers Township, McLean County, Illinois; ED 99, page 12A-B, line #48, dwelling #293, family #293.
(f) Photo from the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", 1911.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]