Gideon Thomas Macon
M: Mary Bowden
├── Thomas Macon (1793-1880) 1
M: Rebecca Hinshaw
└── Hartwell Macon (1820-1897) 2
Gideon Thomas Macon [ID 03080]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Gideon Thomas Macon3,4 [Gedion Macon5,6,7,8,9].
He married Mary Bowden10,11 [Mary Bowdown1], Jul 4 178610,11, Granville County, North Carolina10,11.
Martha Macon; married Isaac Lawrence.
Hannah Macon; married 1849, Benjamin S. Caviness.
William Macon; died 1882; married Nancy Craven.
Elizabeth Macon; married Charles Johnson.
Jennie Macon; married -- Whitney.
Sarah Macon, born 1800; died Jun 27 1897; married Jacob Craven.
Nancy Macon, born Mar 30 1800; died Mar 16 1853.
He then married Rebecca Hinshaw, Dec 24 1812, Randolph County, North Carolina.5,6,7,8,9 Rebecca Hinshaw, daughter of Absolom Hinshaw & Elizabeth Hinshaw, was born Sep 12 1785, Randolph County, North Carolina.3,8
A marriage bond was recorded for Rebeckah Hinshaw & Gedion Rich on Dec 24 1812, Randolph County, North Carolina.7
Jesse (or Jacob) Macon.
Caroline Macon, born probably 1812-1830; married James Bird.
Ruth Macon; married 1839 Joshua Cox.
John Macon, born Sep 3 1817.
Reuben Macon; married Elizabeth Robbins.
, born Mar 3 1820; died 1897; married Maria Robbins (1834-1872).
Gideon Thomas Macon died 1829, Randolph County, North Carolina.10
Rebecca Hinshaw died 8-15-1860, Holly Spring, North Carolina.6
Gideon was probably the son of John Macon, Jr., grandson of John Macon, Sr., and Great Grandson of Gideon Macon.4
Photo: son Hartwell Macon gravestone Snow Hill Cemetery, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana
- Contribution from Carol Lawrence Vidales.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Pat Killian ().
- Contribution from Ginger-lyn (Hinshaw) Summer citing source:
Jane Walls Wilson, Bainbridge, Ohio, in part from family group sheets
in the possession of Almeda Grace Hinshaw Rinehart, Middletown, Ohio,
brought to a Hinshaw family reunion in the late 1980s.
- Brenda Warren database: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/w/a/r/Brenda--Warren/index.html.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- "North Carolina Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
- Posting by Carol Lawrence Vidales on the
Randolph Co. NC GenWeb site: http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/USA/NC/Randolph?read=88.
- North Carolina Marriages to 1825; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "The Genealogical Journal", Randolph County [NC] Genealogical Society, Vol VI, Number 1, Winter 1982.
- Photo courtesy of Rex Bertram ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]