+-- John Larrance | 1725-1800 | | Peter Larrance ----+ B: 1774 | D: 1855 | +-- Nancy Ann Needham 1744-1829 M: Abigail Heydock +-- Mary E. Larrence, 1800-1851 M: Abigail Hinshaw M: Sarah Hinshaw
|Peter Larrance     [ID 03000]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Peter Larrance)2    (Peter Larrence)2,65    (Peter Lawrence)2,65
He married Abigail Heydock, about 1795.2,a    Abigail, daughter of John Haydock & Susanna Hinshaw, was born Mar 16 1771, Grange MM, Charlemont, County Tyrone, North Ireland.a
He then married Abigail Hinshaw, 12-10-1817, Rocky River Meeting House, Chatham County, North Carolina.2,a    Abigail Hinshaw, daughter of Benjamin Hinshaw & Elisabeth Hinshaw.
He then married Sarah Hinshaw, 1-12-1822, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,65,67    Sarah Hinshaw, daughter of Thomas Hinshaw & Rebecca Holliday, was born 5-20-1795, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.2,44,65
Sarah & Peter's marriage was noted on Friday, February 8, 1822 in the "Raleigh Register":67,b
In Randolph Co., on the 12th of the previous month, Mr. Peter Lawrence was married to Miss Sarah Henshaw, both of said county.    This is Mr. L's third wife.
Sarah Hinshaw died Jan 21 1856, Henry County, Indiana; buried Spiceland, Henry County, Indiana.65
For more on the Lawrence/Larrance family, see the Carol Lawrence Vidales web site: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/v/i/d/Carol-L-Vidales
Photo: Marriage certificate record for Abigail Hinshaw & Peter Lawrence Cane Creek MM marriage records 217
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
65. "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw" by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw), in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
67. "Abstracts of Vital Records from Raleigh, North Carolina, Newspapers 1820-1829", Vol. II., GR929.3756 N34 in a local library.
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) Contribution from Carol Lawrence Vidales.
(b) "Early North Carolina Settlers, 1700s-1900s" - Marriage Notices; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]