┌── John Hinshaw
┌── John Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1777-1836 │
│ └── Ruth (Pike) Weisner
Miriam Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1804 │ ┌── Tristram Macy
D: ? │ │
└── Lydia Macy ────┤
└── Miriam Barnard
M: Jonathan L. Beeson
Miriam Hinshaw [ID 00373]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 3-11-1804, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1
At Marlborough MM on 10-4-1823, Jonathan Beeson produced a certificate from Center MM, to marry.1
She married Jonathan L. Beeson, Oct 16 1823, Marlborough MM, Randolph County, North Carolina.1,2,3 Jonathan, son of William Beeson & Hannah Gifford, was born 1804, Stokes County, North Carolina.4,5
William Meridith "Meridith" Beeson, born Jul 23 1824, Randolph County, North Carolina; died Sep 1 1887, Sauk County, Wisconsin; married 1) Malinda Mason, Dec 26 1844, Henry County, Indiana; 2) Mary Ann (Jones) Mann, Jan 18 1877.
Benjamin Franklin Beeson, born Aug 5 1825, North Carolina; died before 1866; married Mary Ann Davis, Feb 19 1846, Henry County, Indiana.
Possible daughter, name unknown, believed to have died in infancy.
At Marlborough MM on 8-10-1826, Mariam Beeson was granted a certificate to Springfield MM, [Wayne County,] Indiana.1
It is believed that Miriam probably died in childbirth about 1828-1829.7 The seems to be no record of Miriam or Jonathan having arrived at Springfield MM.12
Jonathan remarried to Cynthia Wright, Jan 14 1830, Wayne County, Indiana.9,13,14
At Springfield MM on 7-19-1845, William M. Beeson was disowned for his marriage contrary to discipline and for joining separatists.12
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- North Carolina Marriages database: http://tn-3.rootsweb.com/~ncarolina/marriages.html.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data from Kathy Benson ().
- Contribution from Gail Harvey Budda ().
- Posting Aug 24 2000 by Leslie Hope () to Hinshaw GenForum:
- Contribution from Leslie Hope ().
- 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 471, line #22, dwelling #95, family #95.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1850 census, Green Township, Howard County, Indiana; roll M432-151, page 471, line #20, dwelling #94, family #94.
- Contribution from Ken Beeson ().
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriages to 1850; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]