┌── William Hinshaw
┌── Uriah Hinshaw ─────────┤
│ 1785-1843 │
│ └── Margaret Hunt
William Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1808 │ ┌── Evan Lewis
D: 1876 │ │
└── Mary Elizabeth Lewis ──┤
└── Susannah Moon
M: Mary Key
├── Nancy Hinshaw (1834-1839) 1
├── Ezra Hinshaw (1836-1864) 1,2,3
├── Andrew Hinshaw (1839-?) 1,2,3
├── Thomas Hinshaw (1841-1908) 1,2,3
├── Eliza Ann Hinshaw (1844-1915) 1,2,3,4,5
└── Mary Jane Hinshaw (1846-1929) 1,2,3,4,5
William Hinshaw [ID 00412]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 11-26-18083,4,6,7 , Lost Creek MM, Jefferson County, Tennessee3,4,6,7.
He married Mary Key, Feb 9 1834, Wayne County, Indiana.1,9,10,11 Mary was born about 18112,3,4,5 , Tennessee2,3,4,5.
William and family were shown in the 1850 census, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana:2
William Hinshaw, age 40, born in Tennessee; farmer; $1200 real estate.
Mary Hinshaw, age 39, born in Tennessee.
William and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 17 1860), Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana:3
William Hinshaw, age 51, born in Tennessee; farmer; $2000 real estate; $400 personal property.
Mary Hinshaw, age 49, born in Tennessee.
William and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 26 1870), Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana:4
Hinshaw, William, age 61, born in Tennessee; farmer; $4000 real estate; $1707 personal property.
Hinshaw, Mary, age 58, born in Tennessee; keeping house.
[..middle initial unclear..], age 13, born in Indiana; attended school; domestic servant.
William Hinshaw died May 31 1876, buried Mechanicsburg Cemetery, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana.1,8,9
Widow Mary was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 25 1880), Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana:5
Hinshaw, Mary, age 68, born in Tennessee; father born in Tennessee; mother born in Pennsylvania; widow; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Eliza A.
, daughter, age 36, born in Indiana; parents born in Tennessee; single; house work.
Hinshaw, Mary J.
, daughter, age 34, born in Indiana; parents born in Tennessee; single; dress maker; "maimed, crippled, bedridden, or otherwise disabled".
, nephew, age 23, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio; attended school.
Mary died Aug 6 1897, Mechanicsburg, Henry County, Indiana; age 85.8,12
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll 151, page 321, dwelling #172.
- 1860 census, Mechanicsburgh P.O., Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M653-266, page 345, line #2, dwelling #934, family #125.
- 1870 census, Ashland P.O., Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M593-323, page 40, line #17, dwelling #155, family #155.
- 1880 census, Fall Creek Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 4, page 74A, line #26, dwelling #397, family #398.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
- Burials in Mechanicsburg Cemetery; Henry County Genealogical Services:
- Family group sheets from Annette L. Schmidt ()
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- Wayne County, Indiana, marriage records database:
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]