┌── Michael Hinshaw
┌── Solomon Hinshaw ─────┤
│ 1841-1929 │
│ └── Rachel Kemp
John Luther Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1874 │ ┌── John T. Beals
D: ? │ │
└── Elizabeth J. Beals ──┤
└── Mary Davis
M: Luzena E. Clark
├── Frederick Hinshaw (1907-) 1,2
└── Joseph Henry Hinshaw (1908-1976) 1,2
John Luther Hinshaw [ID 00531]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
John Luther Hinshaw1,3,4,5 [Luther Hinshaw2].
Born Oct 19 1874, near Westfield MM, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
John Luther was shown in the 1900 census (Jun 12 1900), living in the household of brother Edwin in Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana:7
, head-of-household, age 28, born Aug 1871 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married 5 years; occupation: cashier of bank; owned home (mortgaged).
, wife, age 27, born Apr 1873 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married 5 years; no children.
Hinshaw, Luther, brother, age 25, born Oct 1874 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; single; occupation: asst. cashier at bank.
He married Luzena E. Clark, Aug 17 1904, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,8,9 Luzena, daughter of Caleb + Rhoda S. Clark, was born Apr 27 1878, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,2 Luzena's sister Olive married John's brother Edwin, so Luzena and her sister became sisters-in-law.
Luther was a banker in Indiana.3,10
Luther and his brother Edwin were both convicted of bank embezzlement and sent to prison - see Edwin's page for details.
Luther and family were shown in the 1920 census, Liberty Township, Stoddard County, Missouri:2
Hinshaw, Luther, head-of-household, age 45, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; rented home; farmer.
Hinshaw, Luzena, wife, age 41, born in Indiana; father born in unknown; mother born in Indiana.
- "Chronology of the Beals family" by Thomas J. Beals, microfiche
#6048746 in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1920 census, Liberty Township, Stoddard County, Missouri; roll T625-964, ED 211, page 10A, line #32, dwelling #233, family #238.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 6,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T9-281, ED 38, page 400D, line #24, dwelling #320, family #340.
- 1900 census, Cicero, Jackson Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 85, page 11B, line #69, dwelling #227, family #244.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 12, page 24).
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book C-6, page 15).
- Family history and family group sheets contributed by Lester L. Hinshaw
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]