┌── Thomas Hinshaw
┌── Thomas Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1802-1877 │
│ └── Rebecca Marshill
Dinah Hinshaw ─────────┤
B: 1826 │ ┌── Benjamin Davis Piggott
D: ? │ │
No Issue └── Hannah Piggott ──┤
└── Ruth Davis
M: Benjamin Keys Hiatt
Dinah Hinshaw [ID 00090]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 11-11-1826, Cane Creek MM, North Carolina.1,2,3,4,5,6
At Cane Creek MM on 4-4-1829, Dinah's family was granted a certificate to White Water MM, Indiana.1
At White River MM (Indiana) on 10-14-1829, Dinah & parents & brother were received on a certificate from Cane Creek MM, Chatham County, N.C.7
She married Benjamin Keys Hiatt2,4,7,8, Oct 16 18502,4,7,8 [Sep 7 18505,9], White River MM, Randolph County, Indiana2,4,7,8. Benjamin, son of Charles Hiatt & Mary Keys, was born May 28 1821, Surry County, North Carolina.4
At White River MM on 9-7-1850, Dinah was declared at liberty to marry Benjamin K. Hiatt, Poplar Run.7 "10-16-1850 reported married".7
Dinah and Benjamin were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 30 1860), Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:10
Benjamin Hiatt, age 37, born in North Carolina; farmer; $1800 real estate; $100 personal property.
Dinah Hiatt, age 33, born in North Carolina.
Dinah probably died in the 1860s or early 1870s.11 She was buried in a now-abandoned cemetery north of Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.12
Benjamin remarried c1877-80 to Elizabeth Barker (Benjamin's first cousin once removed).4
Benjamin died 1895, Indiana.4
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Family of William & Rebecca Dixon Marshill, Cane Creek Monthly Meeting,
Orange County, N.C.", by Thomas W. Marshall (Washington D.C., 1945, a
typewritten manuscript), from the National Library of the Daughters of
the American Revolution (Washington D.C.) "Marshill Family Genealogical
Records 1700-1900", microfilm #0876559, item 5, in the LDS FHL.
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson,
microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Family Tree Maker, Family Archives, World Family Tree", Vol. 3,
by Broderbund Software, a collection of individual family group submissions.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 2,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- 1860 census, Eagletown P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; page 347, line #13, dwelling #918, family #918.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 10:26:59 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]