1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Absolom Hinshaw (1728-?) m Rebecca Haddock
7....... Absolom Hinshaw (1752-1830) m Elizabeth Hinshaw (c1753-1833)
8........ Abel Hinshaw (1799-1876) m Nancy Bookout (1799-1882)
9......... Jacob B. Hinshaw (1824-1901) m Mary M. Carter (1826-1908)
10.......... Zimri Hinshaw (1850-?)
+Hester A. Fudge (c1846-?)
Zimri Hinshaw [ID 01296]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Zimri Hinshaw1 [Zimra Hinshaw2].
Born Apr - 1850, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5 Zimra was shown age 10 in the 1860 Census, Washington Twp., Randolph County, Indiana.2
He married Hester A. Fudge6 [Esther A. Fudge1,4], Nov 6 18756, Randolph County, Indiana6. Hester, daughter of Jacob + Susanna Fudge4,7, was born about 18464,7 [Nov - 18495], Ohio4,7 [Indiana8].
Note that Zimri's brother Meredith married Mary Ellen Fudge (relationship unknown).
Zimri and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 10 1880), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:4
Hinshaw, Zimri, age 30, born in Indiana; father born in S.C. [sic]; mother born in Indiana; farmer.
Hinshaw, Esther A., wife, age 34, born in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; keeping house.
Mack, Charles, age 19, born in Indiana; works on farm.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of Hester's widowed mother, Susan Fudge, age 72, born in Ohio.9 Also living just a few houses away in 1880 was the family of first cousin Abel Hinshaw.10
Zimri and Esther took in and raised Cora Alma Beard, daughter of Zimri's first cousin, Malissa Ann Hinshaw.11 In 1893 Cora married Llewelen Hinshaw, Zimri's first cousin once removed.11
Zimri and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 10 1880), Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana:5
Hinshaw, Zimri, head-of-household, age 50, born April 1850 in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; married 24 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Hinshaw, Esther A., wife, age 51 [unclear], born Nov 1849 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; married 24 years; no children.
Fudge, Lilley O. [initial unclear], niece, age 21, born March 1879 in Missouri; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana.
Fudge, Warren L.
, N [unclear - apparently "nephew"], age 11, born June 1888 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school 6 months.
Fudge, Earnest C., N [unclear - apparently "nephew"], age 11, born June 1888 in Ohio; parents born in Ohio; attended school 6 months.
Brown, Murlie, servant, age 17, born Aug 1882 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: farm laborer.
- Family lineage contributed by Greg Hinshaw
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll 168, pg 44, household #53.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 173, page 267A, line #36, dwelling #68, family #68.
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 129, page 1A, line #69, dwelling #6, family #6.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (county bk page 19).
- 1850 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M432-168, page 42, line #10, dwelling #16, family #17.
- 1870 census, Winchester P.O., Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll M593-354, page 442, line #13, dwelling #73, family #73.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 173, page 267A, line #39, dwelling #69, family #69.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; ED 173, page 267A, line #27, dwelling #65, family #65.
- Contribution from Allen Rowe () citing:
"History of the Carter Family", pages 57-61, 1924-1928.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]