1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ Jacob A. Hinshaw (1778-1826) m Phebe Allen (1789-1869)
9......... Enos Hinshaw (1818-1843) m Jane Puckett (1823-1894)
10.......... Jacob Hinshaw (1843-1919) m Hannah Ellen Macy (1845-1905)
11........... Erwin Hinshaw (1866-<1930)
+Emma Jane Paul (1864-1944)
12............ Beulah Fidella Hinshaw (c1886-?) 1,2
12............ Mabel Hinshaw 1,2
12............ Della Hinshaw 1,2
12............ Minnie Florence Hinshaw (1888-1969) 1,2,3
12............ Elmer L. Hinshaw (1890-1970) 1,2,3,4,5
12............ John David Hinshaw (1892-1936) 1,2,3
Erwin Hinshaw [ID 01398]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Erwin Hinshaw1,2,6,7,8 [Irwin Hinshaw6].
Born May 13 1866, Lynn Grove MM, Jasper County, Iowa.1,3,6,7,9
He married Emma Jane Paul, Mar 25 1885, Milford, Dickinson County, Iowa.1,2,10 Emma, daughter of Robert John Paul & Mary Stevenson, was born Dec - 1864, Iowa.2,3,4,5,8,9,11
Erwin and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 5 1900), Dewey Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota:3
Hinshaw, Erwin, head-of-household, age 34, born May 1866 in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; married 15 years; occupation: "fisher man"; owned farm (free).
Hinshaw, Emma, wife, age 35, born Dec 1864 in Iowa; parents born in Ireland; married 15 years; 5 children, 3 living.
Hinshaw, Minnie F.
, daughter, age 11, born July 1888 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school 7 months.
Hinshaw, Elmer L.
, son, age 10, born May 1890 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school 6 months.
Hinshaw, David J.
, son, age 7, born June 1892 in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; attended school 6 months.
On Nov 8 1905 Erwin purchased 80 acres of land in Beltrami County, Minnesota. About this same time father Jacob and brother Linneus also purchased land in the same county.12
Erwin and Emma were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 7 1920), Wilton, Beltrami County, Minnesota:9
Hinshaw, Irwin, head-of-household, age 53, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: farmer, own farm.
Hinshaw, Emma, wife, age 55, born in Iowa; parents born in Ireland.
Erwin Hinshaw died before Apr 11 1930.4
Widow Emma was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living with son Elmer in Vancouver, Clark County, Washington:4
, head-of-household, age 39, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; owned home ($1000 value); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, [..unclear..], paper mill; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Emma, mother, age 65, born in Iowa; parents born in Ireland; widow.
Widow Emma was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 13 1940), living with son Elmer in Vancouver, Clark County, Washington:5
Hinshaw, Emma, head-of-household, age 75, born in Iowa; completed 8th grade; widow; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($1200 value).
Hinshaw, Elmer L.
, son, age 49, born in Iowa; completed 8th grade; single; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; occupation: laborer, building construction; worked 9 weeks in 1939; $270 wages in 1939.
Emma died Apr 28 1944, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; age 79.8,11,13
- Family group sheets and descendent chart contributed by Walter V. Graham ()
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1900 census, Dewey Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota; roll T623-756, ED 32, page 2A, line #10, dwelling #27, family #27.
- 1930 census, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; roll T626-2485, ED 51, page 7A, line #7, dwelling #174, family #174.
- 1940 census, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; roll T627-4335, ED 6-93, page 2B, line #45, household #44.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Iowa State Census 1885"; Centre Grove Township, Dickinson County, Iowa; page 15, line #26, dwelling #83, family #93; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington, Deaths, 1883-1960; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Wilton, Beltrami County, Minnesota; roll T625-823, ED 38, page 1B, line #83, dwelling #16, family #16.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management - http://www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- Washington Death Index, 1940-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]