1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... Thomas Hinshaw (c1680-?) m Mary Marshall (c1685-?)
6...... Jacob Hinshaw (1710-1796) m Rebecca Mackey (c1716-1796)
7....... Benjamin Hinshaw (1738-1840) m Elisabeth Hinshaw (1750-1823)
8........ William Hinshaw (1789-1854) m Ruth Hinshaw (1791-1836)
9......... Abigail Hinshaw (1820-?)
+William Haywood Staley (1816-?)
Abigail Hinshaw [ID 00147]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born 6-16-18201,2,3,4 [about 18185], Chatham County, North Carolina1,2,3,4.
She married William Haywood Staley, Mar 16 1839, Chatham County, North Carolina.6,7 William, son of Martin Staley & Elnora/Ellender Bennett5,8,9, was born 18165,8,9 [about 18124], Chatham County, North Carolina5,8,9.
A marriage bond was recorded for Abigail Hinshaw & William H. Staley on March 16, 1839, Chatham County, North Carolina.10
Elma Adaline Staley, born c1841, North Carolina; married Mar 22 1860, Richard V. Denny.
Catherine Ellen Staley, born c1843, North Carolina; married Apr 5 1869, John Y./J. Green.
John H. Staley, born Jul 1844, North Carolina; married Mar 19 1869, Florinda W. Scott (children: Raleigh H., Ray H., Nevada I. and Edmon H. Staley).
Delphina C. Staley, born c1848.
Lucien Alvis Staley, born Sep 20 1849, North Carolina; died Dec 2 1929; married Oct 9 1873, Lucinda A. Dunham [or Reedy] (children: Louie/Lovie A., Marvin O., Paul W., Glenna and Zona R. Staley).
Margaret Staley, born c1851, North Carolina.
Sarah Jane Staley, born c1853/c1851, Indiana; died 1932, Indiana; married Feb 5 1873, Claude Robbins.
Hannah Elizabeth Staley, born May 25 1856/c1855, Indiana; died Jul 7 1932, Indiana; married Nov 17 1878, William Seward McMurtry.
Susan Isabelle/E. Staley, born Dec 1858, Indiana; died Apr 1940, Indiana; married Jul 1 1877, Andrew J. Fox (child: George Fox).
Abigail and family were shown in the 1850 census (Oct 31 1850), Chatham County, North Carolina:5
William H. Staley. age 34, born in North Carolina; farmer.
Abigail Staley. age 32, born in North Carolina.
Elma [unclear] A. Staley. age 9, born in North Carolina.
Catharine [unclear] E. Staley. age 7, born in North Carolina.
John H. Staley. age 5, born in North Carolina.
Delphina C. Staley. age 2, born in North Carolina.
Luciene A. Staley. age 1, born in North Carolina.
William was a farmer; he and Abigail settled in 1852 in Hamilton County, Indiana.9
Abigail and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 14 1860), Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:4
William Staley. age 48, born in North Carolina; farmer; $225 personal property.
Abigal Staley. age 40, born in North Carolina.
Catharine Staley. age 17, born in North Carolina; attended school.
John Staley. age 15, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Delphina Staley. age 13, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Lucy Staley. age 11, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Margaret Staley. age 9, born in North Carolina; attended school.
Sarah J Staley. age 7, born in Indiana.
Hanah Staley. age 4, born in Indiana.
Susan Staley. age 1, born in Indiana.
Abigail's family was shown in the 1870 census (Aug 14 1870), Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:11
[... first page of family data smudged and completely unreadable ...]
[.... apparently two people enumerated in the smudged section ....]
Staley, Sarah J, age 19, born in Indiana.
Staley, Anna E, age 15, born in Indiana; attended school.
Staley, Susan E, age 12, born in Indiana; attended school.
William and Abigail both died in Hamilton County, Indiana.14
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
- 1860 census, Boxley P.O., Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M653-263, page 209, line #7, dwelling #1457, family #1457.
- 1850 census, Upper Regiment, Chatham County, North Carolina; roll M432-624, page 410A, line #2, dwelling #874, family #875.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
- Contribution from Dan McGlaun ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Bobby Mathis ().
- Contribution from Marilyn Jacobs () citing:
"The People's Guide", 1874, Cline & McHaffie.
- "North Carolina Marriage Bonds" fiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1870 census, Boxley Town P.O., Adams Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 8-9, line #39, dwelling #118, family #122.
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T9-0281, ED 37, page 379A, line #30, dwelling #303, family #306.
- Contribution from Marilyn Jacobs ().
- 1880 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T9-0281, ED 37, page 379A, line #36, dwelling #304, family #307.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]