1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. James M. Hanshaw (1844-?) m Mary Ann Jones (c1844-1894)
3... Harvey Curtis Hanshaw (1873-1950) m Virgie Lee Facemires (1878-1964)
4.... Carmel T. Hanshaw (1907-1975)
+Abbie May Sheets (1909-1979)
5..... Harold C. Hanshaw (1930-1951) 1,2,3
5..... Tommy Ray Hanshaw (1945-2002) 4
Carmel T. Hanshaw [ID 17176]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Carmel T. Hanshaw5,6,7,8 [Karman Handshaw9].
Born Aug 1 1907, Clay County, West Virginia.2,5,6,7,8,9,10
He married Abbie May Sheets, Mar 1 1928, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia.1,2,6,10 Abbie, daughter of Oliver Sheet, was born Aug 22 1909, Clay County, West Virginia.6,7,8,11
Carmel and Abbie were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), Saint Albans, Kanawha County, West Virginia:6
Hanshaw, Carmel T., head-of-household, age 23, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; first married at age 21; rented home ($8 rent); no radio in home; attended school; occupation: barber, barber shop; not a war veteran.
Hanshaw, Abbie, wife, age 20, born in West Virginia; father born in Ohio; mother born in West Virginia; first married at age 18; attended school.
Carmel and Abbie were shown in the 1930 city directory of Saint Albans, West Virginia:12
Hanshaw Carmel J (Abbie M) barber 210 Main h Markhams al
Carmel and Abbie were shown in the 1934 city directory of Charleston, West Virginia:12
Hanshaw Carmel T (Abbie M) barber h 408 Dickinson
Carmel and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 24 1940), 3310 33rd St., Nitro, Putnam County, West Virginia:2
Hanshaw, Carmel, head-of-household, age 32, born in West Virginia; completed 5th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Charleston, West Virginia; rented home ($15/month rent); occupation: proprietor, barber shop.
Hanshaw, Abbie May, wife, age 30, born in West Virginia; completed 6th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Charleston, West Virginia.
, son, age 9, born in West Virginia; completed 2nd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Charleston, West Virginia; attended school.
Harrison, Virginia, roomer, age 33, born in West Virginia; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/town; occupation: servant, restaurant; worked 40 weeks in 1939; $400 wages in 1939.
Carmel and Abbie were shown in the 1944 city directory of Norfold/Portsmouth, Virginia:12
Hanshaw Carmel T (Abbie M; Tommy's Barber Shop) h726 Reservoir av
Carmel and Abbie were shown in the 1958 city directory of Clearwater, Florida:12
Hanshaw Carmel T Rev (Abbie M) chaplain Largo Prison Camp r W Bay dr
In 1975 Carmel was living in/near Brooksville, Hernando County, Florida.7
Carmel T. Hanshaw died Oct 23 1975, Brooksville, Hernando County, Florida; age 68.4,7,8,13
Carmel's obituary was published in the "Charleston Daily Mail" (Charleston, West Virginia) on Saturday, October 25, 19754
C. T. Hanshaw
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. -- C. T. Hanshaw, 68, of Brooksville, formerly of West Virginia, died Thursday in a Brooksville hospital, after a long illness. Surviving: wife, Abby; son, Tommy Ray Hanshaw of Brooksville, brothers, Woodrow, Lament, Carl, of Charleston, W. Va., Donald of Hometown, W. Va., Ernest and Alfred of Eleanor, W. Va. Service will be held Monday at 2 p.m. in Brewer Funeral Home, Brooksville. Burial will be in Lake Lindsay Cemetery, Brooksville.
Abbie died Mar 6 1979, Hernando County, Florida; age 69.7,8,13
Photo: Carmel T. Hanshaw & Abbie May Sheets marriage record Kanawha County, West Virginia
Photo: Abbie May Sheets birth record Clay County, West Virginia
Social Security information for Carmel T. Hanshaw: 236-05-4674
Social Security information for Abbie May Sheets: 231-26-8598
- Posting Jan 8 2006 by Ellen Jones to Hinshaw-L.
- 1940 census, Nitro, Putnam County, West Virginia; roll T627-4440, ED 40-7, page 5A, line #16, household #83.
- West Virginia Division of Culture & History; Veterans Database:
- Contribution from Richard Wayne Hanshaw.
- 1920 census, Hecla Precinct, Marsh Fork District, Raleigh County, West Virginia; roll T625-1970, ED 152, page 12A, line #6, dwelling #237, family #245.
- 1930 census, Saint Albans, Jefferson District, Kanawha County, West Virginia; roll T626-2538, ED 63, page 8B, line #93, dwelling #174, family #177.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Florida Death Index, 1936-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Jefferson District, Nicholas County, West Virginia; roll T624-1691, ED 111, page 117B, line #62, dwelling #286, family #286.
- Carmel T. Hanshaw & Abbie May Sheets marriage record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Abbie May Sheets birth record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]