1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... William Henshawe (c1608-1644) m Katherine Houghton (1615-1651) 4.... Joshua Henshawe (1643-1717) m Elizabeth Sumner (?-1728) 5..... Joshua Henshaw (1672-1747) m Mary Hay Webster (1672-1747) 6...... Daniel Henshaw (1701-1781) +Elizabeth Allen Bass (1703-1774) 7....... Daniel Henshaw (1725-1792) 7....... Joshua Henshaw (1726-1752) 7....... Joseph Henshaw (1727-1794) 7....... Mary Henshaw (1729-1729) 7....... Benjamin Henshaw (1730-1793) 7....... John Henshaw (1731-1731) 7....... John Henshaw (1732-1748) 7....... Elizabeth Henshaw (1733-1734) 7....... William Henshaw (1735-1820) 7....... Elizabeth Bass Henshaw (1737-1787) 7....... Mary Belcher Henshaw (1739-1823) 7....... David Henshaw (1741-1741) 7....... Hannah Henshaw (1742-1820) 7....... David Henshaw (1744-1808) +Elizabeth DeJersey (?-1808)
|Daniel Henshaw     [ID 00257]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Dec 3 1701, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.9,6,38,150,a,b,156,c
He married Elizabeth Allen Bass, Mar 30 1723, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.d    (Mar 30 1724).b,e,f,d    (Mar 20 1724).9,6,g    Married by Mr. Sam Checkley, Presn.e,f
Note that there is a discrepancy between the town records of Boston, which recorded the marriage as occuring in 1724,d and the records of Leicester, which recorded 1723.d    The records of Boston might be suspect, since this marriage is recorded together with many other marriages of 1723 (only this marriage shows 1724, until later when 1724 marriages are show).    So the exact year is somewhat uncertain.
Elizabeth, daughter of Joseph Bass & Mary Belcher, was born Feb 2 1703, Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.h,a,b    Elizabeth (of Boston), was the granddaughter of Ruth Alden, daughter of John & Priscilla (Mullins) Alden (daughter of William Mullins of Plymouth Colony).9,150
Daniel moved to Leicester, MA in 1748.150,9
Elizabeth died Oct 11 1774, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.b,d
He then married Elizabeth DeJersey, Oct 5 1775, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.6,b
Daniel was noted for "Patriotic Service" during the Revolutionary War.6    Listed in the "Patriot Index" of the Daughters of the American Revolution.6
Daniel Henshaw died Nov 18 1781, Leicester, Worcester County, Massachusetts.9,6,150,b,156
Elizabeth died Mar 1808, Gardner, Massachusetts.b
Photo: Daniel Henshaw & Elizabeth Allen Bass marriage record Town records of Leicester, Massachusetts d
Photo: Daniel Henshaw & Elizabeth Allen Bass marriage record Town records of Boston, Massachusetts d
Photo: Elizabeth Allen Bass death record Town records of Leicester, Massachusetts d
6. The "Patriot Index" of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
9. The "American Registry", Vol. X, pg 181, 973 US015 Vol. X in the LDS Family History Library.
38. An article appearing in the magazine "Hobbies", February 1967, titled "At the Sign of the Crest - Henshaw Coat-of-Arms", by Hazel Karft Eilers copy supplied by Fontella Hinshaw.
150. "New England Library of Genealogy and Personal History", New England Historical Publishing Company, Boston, 1902. Contributed by David Henshaw.
156. Manuscripts relating to William Henshaw, archived at the American Antiquarian Society, Worcester, MA, including a handwritten family lineage.
(a) John Banes database: http://www.eskimo.com/~banes/d0001/g0000021.htm.
(b) Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
(c) "Boston Births, 1700-1800"; http://www.ancestry.com.
(d) Massachusetts, Town Records, 1620-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
(e) Boston, Massachusetts Marriages, 1700-1809; Ancestry.com.
(f) Boston, Massachusetts marriages; "Ray's Place" New England history:
(g) Contribution from David G. White () citing:
DAR application letter for Marion Warren.
(h) Contribution from David G. White () citing:
"Braintree, Mass. Vital Records", page 682,
Daniel H. Huxford, printer, Randolph, Mass., 1886.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]