1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828) 8........ William Hinshaw (1804-1887) m Matilda Bewley Doane (1804-1840) 9......... Thomas Doane Hinshaw (1835-1911) m Anna Harriet Lundy (1842-1890) 10.......... Marvin Victor Hinshaw (1873-1954) +Maude Martha McNay (1874-1937) 11........... Sadie Alice Hinshaw (1895-1981) +Della Grace Amerson (c1880-1933) 11........... Florence Harriett Hinshaw (1901-) 11........... Della Grace Hinshaw (1903-1959) 11........... Madeline Mae Hinshaw (1905-) 11........... Marvin Victor Hinshaw (1907-1984) +Ebba Gerda Florence Lindestrom (1891-1993)
|Marvin Victor Hinshaw     [ID 00285]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
Born Sep 23 1873, Hardin County, Iowa.1,12,59,94,205,a,b,c,d,e,f
He married Maude Martha McNay, Jan 30 1894, Porter County, Indiana.g,12,94,h,i    (Martha Maude McNay)j    Maude, daughter of Robert McNay & Martha Ann Collins, was born May 12 1874, Valparaiso, Porter County, Indiana.i    Marriage by Rev. Allen Lewis.g
Marvin and Maude divorced.k    Maude remarried to Hadsell Alden Mills,k Jun 14 1899, Valparaiso, Porter County, Indiana.i    She then had additional children:
He then married Della Grace Amerson, 1899.1,12,59,94,h    Della, daughter of William Amerson & Matilda Harriett Schaubel, was born about 1880, Illinois.n,o,1,205,b
Marvin and his brother ran the Chicago Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Art.p,q    In 1902 Marvin was with the "Hinshaw School of Elocution, Oratory and Music", and was Director of "The Hinshaw School of Opera and Drama", then located in the Steinway Theatre Building in Chicago.r
Marvin and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 25 1910), 1010 East 7th Avenue, Denver, Colorado:b
On Sep 12 1918 Marvin Victor Hinshaw, age 44, registered for the World War I draft in Chicago.    His residence was recorded as 725 N. Central, Chicago.    He was recorded as tall, medium build, dark gray eyes, dark brown hair; occupation: music teacher, Kimball Building, Chicago.f
Marvin and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920) living at 725 N. Central Ave., Chicago, Illinois:c
He then married Ebba Gerda Florence Lindestrom, 1929.94    (Florence Lindstrom)12,h,d,e    Ebba was born Jan 28 1891, Illinois.d,e,i,209
Marvin and Florence were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 16 1930) 1321 Touhy Ave., Chicago, Illinois:d
Marvin and Florence were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 18-20 1940) 501 Huron Grand Capital, Pierre, Hughes County, South Dakota:e
In 1993 Florence was living in/near Marshfield, Wood County, Wisconsin.209
Ebba died Feb 24 1993, Wood County, Wisconsin; buried Riverside Cemetery, Pierre, Hughes County, South Dakota.i,209,w
Photo: Marvin Victor Hinshaw x
Photo: Della Grace Amerson x
Photo: Marvin Victor Hinshaw y
Photo: daughters Florence Harriett, Madeline and Della Grace, c1905 z
Photo: Della Grace Amerson death notice "Chicago Tribune", Jun 27 1933 v
Photo: The Hinshaw School of Opera and Drama advertisement from a 1902 book aa
Photo: Chicago Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Art postcard, 1906 ab
Social Security information for Ebba Gerda Florence Lindestrom: 503-18-9406
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
12. "The Landed Gentry", by Burke.
59. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
94. "Johnston of Caskieben, Crimond, and Caiesmill" by Lorand V. Johnson, microfilm #0982174, Item 1, in the LDS Family History Library.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
209. "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from the Social Security Administration "Death Master File". See: http://www.rootsweb.com/~rwguide/lesson10.htm
(a) RootsWeb California Death Index:
(b) 1910 census, 14th Ward, Precince 1, Denver, Denver County, Colorado; roll T624-117, ED 177, page 8B, line #69, dwelling #113, family #117.
(c) 1920 census, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T625-353, ED 2122, page 3B, line #53, dwelling #46, family #65.
(d) 1930 census, Ward 49, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T626-493, ED 1856, page 20A, line #21, dwelling #97, family #369.
(e) 1940 census, Pierre, Hughes County, South Dakota; roll T627-3857, ED 33-10, page 62A, line #31, household #41.
(f) World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
(g) Indiana, Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
(h) Contribution from Dee March ().
(j) Contribution from Ila Millard Tenny ().
(k) Contribution from Edward Tenny ().
(l) Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1962; http://www.ancestry.com.
(m) 1940 census, Mission, Johnson County, Kansas; roll T627-1237, ED 46-9A, page 3A, line #3, household #51.
(n) Contribution from Elene Porter ().
(o) "Chicago, its history and its builders : a century of marvelous growth"; http://www.ancestry.com.
(p) Contribution from Nicole Wing.
(q) Posting Mar 10 1998 by Ila Millard Tenny () on the Hinshaw GenForum:
(r) eBay listing Nov 15 2001 of "Best Recitations / Readings, Declamations and Plays", a 1902 book by Richard Linthicum;
(s) Obituary of Thomas Doane Hinshaw, Dec 7 1911.
(t) 1930 census, River Forest, Cook County, Illinois; roll T626-508, ED 2338, page 16A, line #27, dwelling #141, family #159.
(u) State of Illinois; Database of Illinois Death Certificates, 1916-1950:
(v) Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003; http://www.ancestry.com.
(w) Wisconsin Death Index, 1959-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
(x) Photo from the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", 1911.
(y) Photo courtesy of Alison Tenny ().
(z) Photo courtesy of Nicole Wing.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]