1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. William Lucas Hinshaw (1823-1890) m Mary Elizabeth Ledington (c1842-c1866)
3... Joseph Clayton Hinshaw (1863-1938)
+Sarah E. Rogers (1853-1911)
+Etta E. Jones (c1873-1945)
Joseph Clayton Hinshaw [ID 02998]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Sep 22 1863, Wintesette, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6
He married Sarah E. Rogers, about 1890.1,3 Sarah was born Oct - 1853, Virginia.3,6
Joseph and Sarah, with the daughters of brother George, were shown in the 1900 census (Jul 3 1900), Garden Grove, Orange County, California:3
Hinshaw, Joseph C., head-of-household, age 36, born Sept 1863 in Iowa; parents birthplaces unknown; married 10 years; occupation: farmer; rented farm.
Hinshaw, Sarah E., wife, age 46, born Oct 1853 in Virginia; father born in Virginia; mother born in Pennsylvania; married 10 years; no children.
Hinshaw, Rosa G.
, niece, age 12, born June 1887 in Oregon; father born in Iowa; mother born in Oregon; attended school 9 months.
Hinshaw, Velma M.
, niece, age 10, born Feb 1889 in Oregon; father born in Iowa; mother born in Oregon; attended school 9 months.
Sarah died 1911, buried Masonic Cemetery, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon.6
He then married Etta E. Jones, Jun 23 1917, Yamhill County, Oregon.1,7 Etta was born about 18734 [18705,6], Oregon4.
Joseph and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 10 1920), McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon:4
Hinshaw, Joseph C., head-of-household, age 56, born in Iowa; father born in Indiana; mother born in Missouri; owned home; occupation: proprietor, garage.
Hinshaw, Etta E. [initial unclear], wife, age 47, born in Oregon; parents born in England.
Lewis, Mark W., nephew, age 20, born in Oregon; father born in United States; mother born in Oregon; single; occupation: mail carrier, "in city".
Joseph and Etta were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 10 1930), 103 Baker St., McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon:5
Hinshaw, Joe C., head-of-household, age 66, born in Illinois; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 30; owned home ($3500 value); no radio in home; occupation: retired; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Etta E., wife, age 59, born in Oregon; parents born in England; first married at age 44.
Juda, Mary E., sister-in-law, age 66, born in Oregon; parents born in England; widow.
Living nearby in 1930 was the family of cousin Havilla Hinshaw.8
Joseph Clayton Hinshaw died May 18 1938, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; buried Masonic Cemetery, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon.1,6,9
Etta died 1945, buried Masonic Cemetery, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon.6
- Contribution from Sherry Fleischer ().
- 1870 census, Madison Township, Madison County, Iowa; page 71B, line #8, dwelling #92, family #92.
- 1900 census, Garden Grove, Westminster Township, Orange County, California; roll T623-95, ED 142, page 16B, line #94, dwelling #374, family #375.
- 1920 census, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T625-1506, ED 452, page 9A, line #5, dwelling #2, family #2.
- 1930 census, 1st Ward, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T626-1958, ED 23, page 1A, line #38, dwelling #14, family #15.
- Masonic Cemetery burials, Yamhill County, Oregon; USGenWeb Archives:
- Oregon Marriages, 1906-20; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 1st Ward, McMinnville, Yamhill County, Oregon; roll T626-1958, ED 23, page 1A, line #22, dwelling #8, family #8.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:27 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]