1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. John Jackson Hanshaw (1832-1913) m Mary Druzilla Arthurs (1850-1936)
3... Lillie Mae Hanshaw (1883-1982)
+Henry A. Hill (c1884-?)
+Isaac Wellington Drake (1867-?)
+Hoy Cleveland Hersman (1884-1963)
Lillie Mae Hanshaw [ID 03594]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born May 28 1883, Clay County, West Virginia.1,2,3,4,5
She married Henry A. Hill5 [Theodore Hill6], Apr 25 19045, Clay County, West Virginia5. Henry was born about 1884.5
She then married Isaac Wellington Drake7,8 [Wygate Drake6, Weck Drake8,9,10,11, Wek Drake12], Jan 31 19077,8, Roane County, West Virginia7,8. Isaac was born Nov - 18674,13 [about 18777], West Virginia4,13.
Isaac had been previously married to a Parthena/Thena Helmick, Nov 27 1897, Roane County, West Virginia.7,9,10,11,13,14
Children (all born in West Virginia):4,6,15
Jane/Janie/Jennie Drake, born c1908; married -- Christy.
Orel/Oral Chester Drake, born 1911; enlisted in the U.S. Army, Apr 12 1945, Huntington, West Virginia.
Pearl Gladys Drake, born 1915; married -- Foglesong.
Lillie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 28 1920), Geary District, Roane County, West Virginia:4
Drake, Isaac W., head-of-household, age 53, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; owned home (free); occupation: farmer, general.
Drake, Lillie M., wife, age 36, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia.
Drake, Janie, daughter, age 12, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; attended school.
Drake, Orel C., son, age 8, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; attended school.
Drake, Pearl G., daughter, age 4 years 8 months, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia.
She then married Hoy Cleveland Hersman17 [Hoy Hershman17,18,19]. Hoy, son of J. M. + Arah Hershman18,19,20,21, was born Aug 9 188418,19,20,21, West Virginia18,19,20,21 [Kentucky22]. Hoy had been previously married to an Amanda --,20,21,22 by whom he had a daughter, Juanita L. Hersman.20,22
In 1936 Lillie was living in Valley Fork, Clay County, West Virginia.23
Hoy died 1963, buried Moore Cemetery, Clay County, West Virginia.19
In 1965 Lillie was living in Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia.24
In 1982 Lillie was living in/near Ottawa, Putnam County, Ohio.2
Lillie Mae Hanshaw died May 25 1982, Putnam County, Ohio; age 99.2,15,25 Lillie Mae died just three days short of her 100th (or 99th) birthday.
Note: Lillie Mae's birtdate was recorded as May 28 1883; the 1900 census shows she was born in May of 1883, and Lillie Mae herself declared her birthdate as May 28 1883 when she applied for her Social Security number. However in later years (perhaps from simple memory loss) Lillie seems to have told people she was born May 28 1882 (several newspaper articles show that date).
Photo: Lillie Mae Hanshaw birth record Clay County, West Virginia
Photo: Lillie Mae Hanshaw with half-brother Jacob Henry Hanshaw
Photo: Lillie Mae Hanshaw with half-brother Jacob Henry Hanshaw (right) and his son Alfred Bruce Hanshaw (left)
Photo: Lillie Mae Hanshaw May 22 1982, celbrating her 100th (or 99th) birthday
Photo: Newspaper article about Lillie Mae Hanshaw's 100th birthday "Putnam County Sentinel" (Putnam County, Ohio), May 26 1982
Photo: Lillie Mae Hanshaw obituary
Social Security information for Lillie Mae Hanshaw: 236-50-7480
- Birth record for Lillie Mae Hanshaw; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Henry District, Clay County, West Virginia; roll T623-1757, ED 7, page 18B, line #83, dwelling #315, family #336.
- 1920 census, Geary District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T625-1971, ED 119, page 15A, line #11, family #223, dwelling #224.
- Contribution from Neva P. Adams (), citing:
Clay County Marriages, Vol. 4, page 8.
- "Putnam County Sentinel" (Putnam County, Ohio), May 26 1982.
- Contribution from Neva P. Adams (), citing:
Roane County, West Virginia marriage records.
- Contribution from Ellen Jones ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Bruce Norman ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Mary Traynor Gates ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Joyce E. Katsma ().
- Contribution from Melissa Kay Hanshaw McLain.
- 1900 census, Geary District, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T623-1772, ED 97, page 8A, line #1, dwelling #108, family #108.
- West Virginia Marriage Records, 1863-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Lillie M. Hershman; courtesy of Ellen Jones () and (private) Hanshaw.
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Marilyn Ackley ().
- 1900 census, Spencer, Roane County, West Virginia; roll T623-1772, ED 103, page 16B, line #62, dwelling #292, family #300.
- Clay County, West Virginia burials; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1910 census, Henry District, Clay County, West Virginia; roll T624-1678, ED 2, page 270A, line #5, dwelling #32, family #33.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 6th Ward, Akron, Summit County, Ohio; roll T625-1440, ED 190, page 9A, line #44, dwelling #139, family #198.
- Obituary of Mary Druzilla (Arthurs) Hanshaw.
- Obituary of Corn Wallace Hanshaw.
- Ohio Deaths, 1958-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Photo courtesy of Ellen Jones () and (private) Hanshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:40 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]